Non paranoid train of cannabis?

Batty

Is there such a thing in Thailand? I love the idea of having a smoke but whenever I have dabbled (over the last 10 years) it sends me into a world of crushing paranoia. It's almost like a bad trip for me. I'll sit there for hours full of anxiety, dwelling on my life problems and faults so badly that it's borderline insane thinking. I'm completely unable to function - my basic cognition gets shot so badly it will take 30 minutes to make a cup of tea. I mean it's an actual ordeal for me.

It's wierd because I loved it when I was young and all through my twenties I had no issues handling drugs (not saying weed is a drug as it isn't). I did plenty of class A's in my twenties and thirties and would consume more than most, no problem at all. But I have had acid trips less stressful than even two puffs of a joint. 

I love the idea of a smoke, sitting in a hammock, chilled. Or using it to focus on work more intently. But it does the opposite of that. I tried CBD last year and spent 3 hours in bed with this mad uncontrollable twitch/jerk/shake thing going on, convinced that every single person I have ever know hates me with a passion. 

With weed becoming more available these days, I wondered if there was a strain known for being 'safer' for people who usually react badly to it?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Batty said:

Is there such a thing in Thailand? I love the idea of having a smoke but whenever I have dabbled (over the last 10 years) it sends me into a world of crushing paranoia. It's almost like a bad trip for me. I'll sit there for hours full of anxiety, dwelling on my life problems and faults so badly that it's borderline insane thinking. I'm completely unable to function - my basic cognition gets shot so badly it will take 30 minutes to make a cup of tea. I mean it's an actual ordeal for me.

It's wierd because I loved it when I was young and all through my twenties I had no issues handling drugs (not saying weed is a drug as it isn't). I did plenty of class A's in my twenties and thirties and would consume more than most, no problem at all. But I have had acid trips less stressful than even two puffs of a joint. 

I love the idea of a smoke, sitting in a hammock, chilled. Or using it to focus on work more intently. But it does the opposite of that. I tried CBD last year and spent 3 hours in bed with this mad uncontrollable twitch/jerk/shake thing going on, convinced that every single person I have ever know hates me with a passion. 

With weed becoming more available these days, I wondered if there was a strain known for being 'safer' for people who usually react badly to it?

I have much the same background as you, and the same problem with THC weed.

However, I can smoke/consume CBD with no problem at all and it has been a game changer for my health - I love the stuff.

When you say you tried CBD do you mean you smoked a CBD joint, or you had some drops?

I have bought some "CBD Flower" before (just after legalisation) and it absolutely destroyed me, I was in all sorts of trouble like you describe above. So it might have been high CBD but it was also carrying quite a bit of THC.

However, since then I have found a couple of strains that are fine, gentle body hit and none of the crazy head stuff.

The strains are Cherry White from Lampang Farm and Raska from Golden Triangle Group - both are fine for me.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Edited by tomster
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tomster said:

I have much the same background as you, and the same problem with THC weed.

However, I can smoke/consume CBD with no problem at all and it has been a game changer for my health - I love the stuff.

When you say you tried CBD do you mean you smoked a CBD joint, or you had some drops?

I have bought some "CBD Flower" before (just after legalisation) and it absolutely destroyed me, I was in all sorts of trouble like you describe above.

However, since then I have found a couple of strains that fine, gentle body hit and none of the crazy head stuff.

The strains are Cherry White from Lampang Farm and Raska from Golden Triangle Group - both are fine for me.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Thanks. I'll look into that. I bought CBD THC oil on Facebook. I was like sort of black tar consistency? One drop did nothing so I tried another, and nothing. A couple hours later I had two more drops. Begining to feel ripped off, I tried a few more drops. I went to bed that night feeling normal. 

The next day - a full 18 hours after the first drop, out of nowhere and like someone flicked a switch, my head went upside down and I was absolutely out of my nut. I spent 5 hours pacing between the bed, where I was wrapped up in a duvet like a dying person, and the window, where I would peek between the curtains every 3 minutes looking for some mystery person who was coming for me.

I remember doing things like really quietly opening draws incase 'they' heard me which is mental because I live in a detached house and no one univited has knocked my door for maybe 3 years. I was practically tip-toeing around the house trying to be ultra quiet 

I mean it was very nearly a trip, in some way, and I had convinced myself "this is it. This is you now. Forever, in this state, this is now your life".

It genuinely was the actions and thoughts of a legitimate insane person for five or six hours.

6 minutes ago, Batty said:

Thanks. I'll look into that. I bought CBD THC oil on Facebook. I was like sort of black tar consistency? One drop did nothing so I tried another, and nothing. A couple hours later I had two more drops. Begining to feel ripped off, I tried a few more drops. I went to bed that night feeling normal. 

The next day - a full 18 hours after the first drop, out of nowhere and like someone flicked a switch, my head went upside down and I was absolutely out of my nut. I spent 5 hours pacing between the bed, where I was wrapped up in a duvet like a dying person, and the window, where I would peek between the curtains every 3 minutes looking for some mystery person who was coming for me.

I remember doing things like really quietly opening draws incase 'they' heard me which is mental because I live in a detached house and no one univited has knocked my door for maybe 3 years. I was practically tip-toeing around the house trying to be ultra quiet 

I mean it was very nearly a trip, in some way, and I had convinced myself "this is it. This is you now. Forever, in this state, this is now your life".

It genuinely was the actions and thoughts of a legitimate insane person for five or six hours.

Yeah, that sounds like some drops I have had before. I ended up doing 7 drops throughout the night and went to sleep fine.

Woke up 7:30am, got the kids packed and ready for school, off they went then about 30 minutes later it hit me like a sledgehammer - horrible experience.

Got kinda straight at about 6pm that night, never ever again.

But that is absolutely not CBD drops, these drops are mostly probably infusions of whole flower that have THC and CBD in there, I avoid these like the plague now.

Try getting a gram of that Raksa and making a small joint out of it, try a few puffs first and see how you feel, work up from there. There are some strains that have mostly CBD and just a touch of THC for the entourage effect thingy, they are the ones to focus on. Plus the CBD makes you sleep great.

4 minutes ago, tomster said:

Yeah, that sounds like some drops I have had before. I ended up doing 7 drops throughout the night and went to sleep fine.

Woke up 7:30am, got the kids packed and ready for school, off they went then about 30 minutes later it hit me like a sledgehammer - horrible experience.

Got kinda straight at about 6pm that night, never ever again.

But that is absolutely not CBD drops, these drops are mostly probably infusions of whole flower that have THC and CBD in there, I avoid these like the plague now.

Try getting a gram of that Raksa and making a small joint out of it, try a few puffs first and see how you feel, work up from there. There are some strains that have mostly CBD and just a touch of THC for the entourage effect thingy, they are the ones to focus on. Plus the CBD makes you sleep great.

I'm gonna do that mate, thanks. I'll order a little, try it out, maybe send you a DM let you know how I faired ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Batty said:

but whenever I have dabbled (over the last 10 years) it sends me into a world of crushing paranoia.

It would help if you could share any details on the strains you've dabbled with.

Broadly speaking, an Indica-dominant strain may be less paranoia-inducing than a Sativa-dominant strain.

Indica-dominant strains are widely available here.

Your query is quite popular in the wider internet, where you would no doubt find some valuable info. For example...

Google: Top 10 Marijuana Strains That Don't Cause Paranoia

^ Blue Cheese is (in most genetics) 80% Indica/20% Sativa.

Edited by bamnutsak

Sounds like your weed smoking days are past you..

Trying to find an elusive strain by trial and error that won't create the unwanted effects doesn't seem like a winning strategy.

Some people can't drink Gin for example..  gives them a headache.

I have a different issue. I was a regular smoker for about 20 years until I settled down with my wife here.

One thing I did not like was that shorty after a smoke my heart would start pounding away in my chest for about 45 minutes. As my heart is now not in the best of health I am put off restarting a habit I have long since learnt to live without. However, I also have a bit of arthritis in my hands and thought that a mild infusion before bed time a couple of times a week might  help. I'll look into the suggestions above as they sound pretty mild.

I think of the 2 strains saliva might be the one to cause this. I personally had them confused initially, now I have switched to Indica I am happier with the effects. For me Indica is a more giggly happy relaxing high. I had similar reactions to you a month or so ago on edibles thing is I don't really know what strains were in it only that it was strong. I had a sleepless night of introspection which wasn't really what I was looking for. I have experienced this effect a few times and to some extent I listen to it For me I feel like it's my normally silent brain yelling at me to sort myself out or make changes. The next day when I think about it I usually conclude that my stoned brain might have had a point. That being said it's not much fun at the time.