Do You Think There Is Any Way To Predict

since it is already pouring rain for a good portion of the past few months on koh phangan (at least where i live), i am wondering if it's just going to be like this for the rest of the year, and if there is any way to predict just how bad it will be this year? i plan to be gone during monsoon season, but am trying to figure out if i should have someone stay and watch my house/bar/dogs or if they would abandon the place due to suicidal tendencies brought about by monsoon, and thus i should make other arrangements for my stuff.

since it is already pouring rain for a good portion of the past few months on koh phangan (at least where i live), i am wondering if it's just going to be like this for the rest of the year, and if there is any way to predict just how bad it will be this year? i plan to be gone during monsoon season, but am trying to figure out if i should have someone stay and watch my house/bar/dogs or if they would abandon the place due to suicidal tendencies brought about by monsoon, and thus i should make other arrangements for my stuff.

Simple answer: NO !

monsoms will always come. so u have to be prepaired. if miss 1 or 2 years then there will be another 1. when u r bulding a hosue for example make sure you have good drainage and make sure your road is not going to collapes and also make sure if u have a concrete wall that it has drainage holes in the bottom. otherwiese the presure will build and the hole wal will collapes . trust me i have seen it.

when it rains hard for short periods look for where the troubed sprts are becuase when it rains big time those trouble spot with become problem spots. maybe bug problem spots.

if u have a privae road then conrete it. save u wheel spining for 3 hrs every day.

a few years ago was a nightmare. i hope my new house holds up if there is another one. only time will tell

You must stand nud_e on a east facing beach and if the sun raises and you do not see your shadow it will rain and if you see your shadow it will rain and then you will know.

Weirdest question I have seen in a while. Can one perdict the weather :o

You must stand nud_e on a east facing beach and if the sun raises and you do not see your shadow it will rain and if you see your shadow it will rain and then you will know.

Weirdest question I have seen in a while. Can one perdict the weather :o

If you listen to Dylan's "Hard Rain Gonna Fall", he'll let ya know!

best advise is to buy a kayak. easier to get from road to road when it pisses down. beleive it or not i have seen people kwyak past pink lady inthe wet season.

not joking. or if u have a truck stick one in the back. if you see major floods jump into the kayak and off you go leaving all the other muggs to sit there a reuin thier cars.

problem is the lake road. and pot holes. when the water is so high u cannot see where the lake is or where the draine holes are with out the grills on top. one minute you are in a puddle the next ur in a lake.

this i why i wish i bough i 4 wheel drive when i had the chance. had to get my mate last time to toe me about 7 or 8 time about 2 yearsd ago.

live and learn

do like the rain season. pisses me off when it drags on too long though.

best way to predict is is bye going to the weather or internet site. i duno any other way. or maygbe a fortune teller. ther are pleanty of them ready for you to depart with your hard earnt cash. they would just say. yes rain is coming.

oh coarse it is coming there will always be rain. 500 baht please !!!!

Weirdest question I have seen in a while. Can one perdict the weather

well there is the whole field of meterology.... i thought maybe they could look at the patterns over the last decade and say "this year will probably be like this"....

They can't even predict El Nino, and it comes along pretty regularly. Meteorology is a science??? 50% chance of rain :D

Well there is a chance they will be right but then again there is a CHANCE they will be wrong..Thats pretty exact if you ask me :o

Remeber when the Thai goverenment fire their head meteoroligist(sp) for the tidal wave in Phuket like it was his fault.

They can't even predict El Nino, and it comes along pretty regularly. Meteorology is a science??? 50% chance of rain :D

Well there is a chance they will be right but then again there is a CHANCE they will be wrong..Thats pretty exact if you ask me :o

Remeber when the Thai goverenment fire their head meteoroligist(sp) for the tidal wave in Phuket like it was his fault.

The "50% CHANCE" you numb nuts are talking about doesn't mean they are only 50% sure it is going to rain. It means that 50% of the area that they are talking about will have rain. They know it is going to rain but not cover the entire area, only about 50% of it.

Another way to think about it is that on that day you have a 50% chance of it raining on you.

Hey Mods, can we have an IQ test on the Thaivisa sign-up page that must be passed before becoming a member?

Perhaps we should have a manners test first. Mind your language and don't call people names because you can't get a joke.

That was a joke too! You are the one who can't get a joke.

This is not a joke. :o

Oh for heavens sake. Google internet etiquette and the appropriate use of emoticons when attempting humor or sarcasm.

And then, for further information, read the forum rules before posting.

The "50% CHANCE" you numb nuts are talking about doesn't mean they are only 50% sure it is going to rain. It means that 50% of the area that they are talking about will have rain. They know it is going to rain but not cover the entire area, only about 50% of it.

Another way to think about it is that on that day you have a 50% chance of it raining on you. Hey Mods, can we have an IQ test on the Thaivisa sign-up page that must be passed before becoming a member?

Maybe you could explain to them your theory.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/station...tendedsun=sunon