Pool rules for Killer!

*Could the mods please move this post as was not able to post in Sports and Activities thanks *

I'm looking for feedback on rules for playing killer in Thailand (not elsewhere) but under International rules, as most of the pool is played here. 

So, do fouls in Killer simply follow fouls in 8 ball International. Eg failure to hit cushion after contact, or touching a ball when cueing would be a ball in hand here. So does that simply apply in killer too? 

Equally then if someone fouls on the break off(pots cue ball) does the next player have to play from behind the break line(and forwards) or is it from anywhere? 

TIA

My input to the questions from playing killer here.

The person breaking has 2 shots. He breaks and if he doesn't pot a ball, he has an extra shot.

No need for balls to hit the cushion as per international rules. Simply pot a ball.

If the white goes in then the person who put the white in the pocket loses a life and the next person has ball in hand anywhere on the table

If a player pots the black, he gets a life back unless he still has 3 lives (you can't go to 4 lives)

Also, in our pub we all get allotted a number and you play when you're number gets drawn out of the bag. All the balls go back in the bag after everyone has had a go. This is so you don't follow the person every round and was to stop people playing as a pair if you know what I mean.

Different venues may differ but that's the way we play it here

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

If a player pots the black, he gets a life back unless he still has 3 lives (you can't go to 4 lives)

Yes max 3 lives but how many times in one game can any player get a life back ? Thanks for your very useful reply ????

5 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

Yes max 3 lives but how many times in one game can any player get a life back ? Thanks for your very useful reply ????

As many times as he pots the black, so it depends how many racks you play as you can obviously only have 1 black per rack

6 minutes ago, Gabe H Coud said:

Ps to above 

Hear what you say re 'cushion rule' not applying but what if previous player misses all the balls? Do you play that as ball in hand? 

I can't remember that ever happening in a game I've played in, so can't answer at the minute.  I'll ping a mate a message later and ask him. Unless someone answers here first

26 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

As many times as he pots the black, so it depends how many racks you play as you can obviously only have 1 black per rack

Yes obviously 1 per rack because once the black is potted its off the table 

But to be clear you play that you can gain lives back multiple times during the game subject to max of 3 lives at any one time 

I know people who play max 1 life back per game(not rack) 

But the purpose of this post is to see what the majority of others do, as there does not seem to be hard and fast, black and white killer rules 

Thanks 

Edited by Gabe H Coud
missing point