Public van flys across traffic island and crashes into truck in Chonburi, four people killed, six injured

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Khaosod

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Mueang district, Chonburi — Four people were killed while six women were injured after a public van in which they rode veered off its lane, flew across a traffic island, and collided head-on with a truck on the opposite side of the road in Chonburi.

Mueang police were notified of a fatal traffic accident at 5:30 AM today, November 1st, and rushed to the scene on a bypass inbound to Bangkok in the Nong Khok subdistrict of Mueang district, Chonburi, with medical personnel from Chonburi Hospital and rescuers.

Three deceased victims (two men and one woman) were discovered sprawled outside of a public van registered in Maha Sarakham province, while another six victims (all women) were rescued and taken to Chonburi Hospital to be treated.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/11/01/public-van-flys-across-traffic-island-and-crashes-into-truck-in-chonburi-four-people-killed-six-injured/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-11-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Another triumph for Pattaya Plod in stamping out speedsters.  I venture out on the roads about four times a week.  I never see a cop but watch horrified at the four vehicles who run EVERY red light; keeping a wary eye in my rear mirror for the speedsters who are going to undertake and veer in front of me.  Why are traffic police never seen?

5 hours ago, smedly said:

RIP

police doing a great job at enforcement on the roads, until the police here actually figure out what their job is - this will continue - Prawit is the man in charge of road safety these last 10 years - stellar job he is doing

I didn't read the full article because it doesn't matter - some idiot was doing something careless and stupid  

Prawit in charge of road safety.. what does he see from the backseat of a Limo...

6 hours ago, it is what it is said:

don;t suppose there's any chance the vehicle was traveling unnecessarily quickly?

(as others wrote)

Night ride from Maha Sarakham? Driver fallen asleep?

Edited by KhunBENQ

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely horrendous. My heart goes out to all the families that were affected by this tragedy. 

Every time I take a minivan I hope it is a decent driver. If you end up with a maniac, it is best to just have him drop you off. Find another one. Not worth the risk. 

A lot of people i know have a regular long time driver they use for safety reasons, even tho it may cost a little more it's well worth it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, it is what it is said:

don;t suppose there's any chance the vehicle was traveling unnecessarily quickly?

Or the driver was texting?

Or the driver was drinking a beverages out of a paper bag?

Or the driver was giving his baby a bottle of milk at the same time? (Don't laugh, this was identified as the cause of a deadly accident with a tour bus and 10 wheel truck in the mountains near Chaiyaphum.) 

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

A lot of people i know have a regular long time driver they use for safety reasons, even tho it may cost a little more it's well worth it.

My Thai son was taking vans with wife and 2 kids a few years back between Chonburi city and Bangkok.

Before he got on board he would quietly ask other passengers about the driver. If negative comments they quickly withdrew with an excuse like 'friend just called will be here 5 minutes from now' and disappear.

Is they did board and driver not safe/texting etc. Son would quickly request a stop in the next town etc., when out of the van give some money and quickly disappear.

He was lucky he always had some extra cash in his pocket/phone if needed to hire an individual van etc.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Prawit in charge of road safety.. what does he see from the backseat of a Limo...

All the other traffic is halted for at least 1km ahead and behind his motorcade, and the traffic lights are all turned to green for him.

He's probably puzzled how so many people manage to kill themselves on Thai roads when driving is so stress-free here.

• Like 2