Thai passport

Hi all, A little advice and help,

My good lady has just informed me that her Thai passport has expired. We travel to Thailand on the 30/11/22 what to do? Can she travel to Thailand from the UK ? We will stop in Jedda for 2 hours on the way as we don’t go through immigration can she travel to Thailand on an expired passport. 

Edited by Merrill
Date error

The only concern: foreigners in most countries need to have a valid passport anytime. Guess UK immigration will not stop her from leaving.

Just make sure what is needed to return.

(I am not familiar with UK immigration rules)

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The only concern: foreigners in most countries need to have a valid passport anytime. Guess UK immigration will not stop her from leaving.

Just make sure what is needed to return.

(I am not familiar with UK immigration rules)

Cheers yes she has a valid UK visa for her return once we get to Thailand she will renew it is just getting from the UK to Thailand with it being expired for 3weeks

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 9:51 PM, Merrill said:

Cheers yes she has a valid UK visa for her return once we get to Thailand she will renew it is just getting from the UK to Thailand with it being expired for 3weeks

I work for an airline, and it should be no issue. Should the agent question it just tell them to check timatic where they can verify the entry requirements, and it states clearly a Thai national can enter on an expired passport.

The reason the agents get twitchy is they get it in neck if they allow a passenger to travel without correct documentation.

A couple of months back one of my agents checked in a party to Taipei. She'd done it many times before, and prior to covid US citizens were visa free. Of course during covid they introduced visa requirements for all passengers entering the island, and she didn't check and they flew but got stopped in Chicago. I had to write her up for it

My wife is in a couple of weeks flying out on a passport with 3 weeks validity left. We're a little outstation, not a hub but I've already briefed the agents who I know will be checking her in the 6 month thing doesn't apply to her

Edited by GinBoy2