More details emerge on Norwegian man who stole taxi from Krabi Airport and drove himself to Trang

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: MGR Online

By Goongnang Suksawat

Krabi – A Norwegian man has been charged with theft after he stole a taxi car from Krabi Airport before he was arrested in Trang.

The Klong Tom Police Chief Colonel Taweesak Suwapitchapoom told the Phuket Express today (November 2nd), “The Norwegian man is aged 50. He is an engineer at an oil company abroad. We are withholding his name at this time as part of the legal proceedings and while working with his relatives.”

“Airport staffers told us that prior to stealing a taxi the Norwegian man wanted to go to Bangkok but he did not have a flight ticket. When the ticket counter closed, the Norwegian, who is a very physically imposing man, blocked the front of the ticket counter.

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/11/02/update-more-details-emerge-on-norwegian-man-who-stole-taxi-from-krabi-airport-and-drove-himself-to-trang/

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-11-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

We are withholding his name at this time as part of the legal proceedings and while working with his relatives.

Kerching !!! 

Yep withholding names is normal when $$$$$ are involved.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Shall we flog him and deport him for daring to do this in Thailand?

Who are we? The forum members have no voice in it. In fact, they don't have any voice anywhere in the World except in this forum. Keep going venting your frustration for your one year at a time living legally in a foreign country. Now you understand why Thai immigration will never allow even married to Thai persons more than a year at a time. They don't want to hear their voices and confine their voices to this forum only. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Right ... "let's illustrate our story with a picture of some other foreigner - they all look the same anyway". Maybe he's handcuffed left hand to the right hand of that police officer? Maybe he's calmed down so it's 'passive control'? I don't know or care.

I do know that you LOVE to nit pick and always have the last word, so have it buddy! Floor's all yours. I won't respond.

Got to agree with you there!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where did it say that the smaller, respectable-looking person with hair was the accused?  He's not handcuffed or being controlled by the police officers, is he?   Perhaps he's an interpreter.

Right ...  Maybe he's handcuffed left hand to the right hand of that police officer?

I do know that you LOVE to nit pick and always have the last word, so have it buddy! Floor's all yours. I won't respond.

Ah, ok, that would be the officer's right hand that you can clearly see holding the car door, yes?!  

Don't forget that AN is a public forum that has only one reason to exist...publishing comments from members but, if it stops you sulking to have the last word, go for it.  First or last word makes no difference to me.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

16 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Right ... "let's illustrate our story with a picture of some other foreigner - they all look the same anyway". Maybe he's handcuffed left hand to the right hand of that police officer? Maybe he's calmed down so it's 'passive control'? I don't know or care.

Expand  

Got to agree with you there!

You don't have to, in fact it wouldn't be rational to agree with that comment if you actually looked at the photo!

10 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I wonder if a certain individual who spewed venom at Brits yesterday will be doing the same today against ALL  " Scandinavian people? "

How ridiculous would that be?

No Brits involved  or to be seen in this misdemeanour.

Shall we flog him and deport him for daring to do this in Thailand?

Because of course Thailand and its citizens always follow the laws of the land both here and abroad.

It shows you that silly behavior is not the sole reserved pastime for British people

True, it's more a Scouser thing...:whistling:

11 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

Did he magically shrink and grow hair in the last 24 hours?

Yesterday .....                                     Today .....

image.jpeg

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 08.10.38.jpg

Looks like he has given birth as well.

Congratulations a healthy baby boy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1