sun damaged skin

taximan1954

Can anyone offer advice on treating damaged skin on my face and forehead, red scaley patches, I think I used an out of date sun cream Ive had this about 3 months now, I have tried various creams but none have done anything to help, I am in Pattaya for 1 month, Any good skin clinics?, Thanks for any advice

If it's not sunburn it could be seborrheic dermatitis

"

Seborrheic (seb-o-REE-ik) dermatitis is a common skin condition that mainly affects your scalp. It causes scaly patches, inflamed skin and stubborn dandruff. It usually affects oily areas of the body, such as the face, sides of the nose, eyebrows, ears, eyelids and chest"

You can get Dermovate from a Chemist(cost < 300 baht) e.g. Boots without prescription - I believe it requires a prescription in the UK 

Sounds like it might be actinic keratosis.......I have extensive patches......can be a precursor to cancer.

First step (for me) was to laser away the 'bad' bits then apply 'Solaraze' on a daily basis.

It takes an age to see any difference but it worked for me.

• Like 1

As an aside i initially went to see a dermatologist about my skin......the doctor walked in, looked at my face and asked....'what do play off?'......I said 13.2.   

Why? How do you know I play golf?

Next time you play take a look at the oldtimers in the bar......they all have the same skin as you!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Sounds like it might be actinic keratosis.......I have extensive patches......can be a precursor to cancer.

First step (for me) was to laser away the 'bad' bits then apply 'Solaraze' on a daily basis.

It takes an age to see any difference but it worked for me.

Snap everything.

I had two squamous cell carcinomas ( which are the dangerous type ) that had to be surgically cut out. ( second was a 2 hour op costing 35,000 baht )

Then a lot of keratosis on forehead which had to be lazared ( been twice so far and going again soon )

My own fault....never used sun block until damage done.

I would strongly advise everyone to use sun block from the get go on arriving here. A lot safer and will save a lot of hospital bills later.

• Thumbs Up 1

My sister had skin cancer from using sun beds from her teenage years. She also likes her multiple hot hols, but the doc' said probably from sunbed usage. Totally advise against them after seeing her injuries.

She recently had surgery and the state of her back and arms after all the stitches was amazing - I was totally shocked. Looked like a couple of Rottweilers had used her for a long lunch.

15 hours ago, Denim said:

Snap everything.

I had two squamous cell carcinomas ( which are the dangerous type ) that had to be surgically cut out. ( second was a 2 hour op costing 35,000 baht )

Then a lot of keratosis on forehead which had to be lazared ( been twice so far and going again soon )

My own fault....never used sun block until damage done.

I would strongly advise everyone to use sun block from the get go on arriving here. A lot safer and will save a lot of hospital bills later.

Sunblock?......As kids you played in the sun all day, then spent all evening peeling of burnt skin from your nose and ears......horrendous looking back on it.

• Like 1