Arrival passengers at Suvarnabhumi International Airport 2day

anchadian

Absolutely disgraceful

Arrival passengers at Suvarnabhumi International Airport 2day. Could the airport authority & immigration police try doubly hard 2 make them feel more welcome? Arrival should be hassle free. Welcome to #Thailand anyhow! 

https://twitter.com/PravitR/status/1590682099023253504

I'm sure that the boys at the TAT are rubbing their hands in glee seeing such numbers of arrivals,

having said that, time Thailand move into the 21 century and install self serving entry points, but 

no Thai official be happy to give up the paper, ink and stamps like they did 40 years ago... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Came in at 00:30 this morning (Tuesday).  Korean Air parked at a stand 700m from the Immigration counters.  Moving walkways helped make it a quick trip.  There were exactly zero people queued in front of me.  The fastest I've ever made it through in 20+ BKK arrivals.  I withdrew cash from the ATM and still beat my bags.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deptrai said:

Came in at 00:30 this morning (Tuesday).

KE 659

Great time to arrive, off-off-peak time with few/no arrivals +/- 20 minutes.

Now compare that to 12:00 - 13:00 with a dozen or so international wide-body arrivals with half being A380's.

arrived here so many times and maybe once had to wait about 20 minutes, that's the longest. arrived a couple of weeks ago, on a sunday, and waited less than two minutes. sure, there is excessive congestion at times, as there can be in any airport, but it is not the norm.

Arrived in Suvarnabhumi today from inland flight . That flight was already late by 20 mins according to the pilot speaking due to BKK traffic. Anyway, arrived in BKK, no passport control since domestic flight ,so straight over to the baggage belt . Baggage belt ... and wait and wait more and wait more . It took 1h to get the bags and i was actually 1 of the 1st of my flight getting them . OK over to 1st floor for grab a taxi . Nope , had to wait in the entrance of the building ... the row was that long . Took 30 mins to get to the counter .

So yes i can def say they can't manage the new traffic now ....

On 11/10/2022 at 9:12 PM, ezzra said:

I'm sure that the boys at the TAT are rubbing their hands in glee seeing such numbers of arrivals,

having said that, time Thailand move into the 21 century and install self serving entry points, but 

no Thai official be happy to give up the paper, ink and stamps like they did 40 years ago... 

When I passed through Suvarnabhumi last week, I noticed self service exit points already installed, but not yet active. They were all marked up "For Thai Nationals Only"

10 hours ago, Phulublub said:

So EXACTLY like the UK then?

PH

Not sure for exit. There are self service channels where one scans their boarding pass. I presume that works  for anyone flying out,

To be honest, I can't even remember going through a Passport Control when exiting UK last week.

only a cursory check of my passport and boarding card. But not at an actual booth.

Self service entry is definitely only for UK Nationals.

The biggest speed improvement to entering the UK for UK Nationals though seems to be that since Brexit, EU Nationals now have to go through the "Foreigner" channels.

I actually found entering Thailand through immigration on Sunday afternoon pretty quick.

Collecting baggage was another matter. It took over an hour for my suitcase to come through, so I missed my connecting flight..