UK Settlement Visa Processing Time

Hi All,

I am in the process of applying for a UK settlement visa for my wife. I have heard a few different stories of the times it can take to process. I understand that it was extended from up to 3 months to 6 months to to the Ukraine mess.

If you have been through this process recently, can you share your experience regarding how long it took?

Ive also heard that there is no fast track service with VFS. Is this true?

Finally, does anyone know if the price for the visa will increase soon? Just another thing that i have heard.

5 months and 8 days. 

Application forwarded to UKVI on 19 May, processed visa application received at UKVAC on 26 October.

160 days.

No idea about impending increases.

From: https://ukvisa.blog/2022/02/03/uk-visas-for-thai-nationals/

PROCESSING TIME

The UK visa processing time service standard for non-settlement applications (such as visit, study, work) from Thailand is usually within 3-weeks. Since March 2022 due to Ukraine Scheme, the processing time has increased to 5-6 weeks.

To fast track visit, study, or work visa applications within 5 working days from Thailand, UKVI has resumed the priority service. The priority visa UK fees in Thailand are $314.

UK visa processing time service standard for settlement applications (such as spouse, partner, join family) from Thailand is 12-weeks or 60 working days. Since March 2022 due to Ukraine Scheme, the settlement visa processing time has increased to 24 weeks. Moreover, the 6-week priority settlement visa service has remained suspended.

Edited by hotandsticky

• 5 weeks later...

My wife applied a 3 weeks ago.....I'll be honest we don't expect to hear anything before May 2023!  We did get an email today stating that " online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre".  However, I imagine it's just a general email.   

I haven't heard if any increases but it wouldn't shock to see increases in the near future. No fast track available that I could see.

I'll post again if we get any more info...Cheers 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We received the following email the other day....Look like timescales are going back to normal!

This email is intended for information only. Customers are not required to take any further action at this stage.

Following the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the setting up of the Ukraine visa schemes to support Ukrainians wishing to come to the UK, visa status and information staff were diverted from normal work to support the UK Government response. This resulted in temporary service impacts across a range of visa routes.

For Marriage and Family Entry Clearance applications, the service standard of 60 days was increased to 120 days and Priority Visa services were suspended. We are operating within this revised service standard and are hopeful that we will soon be able to reinstate our normal service standard and resume Priority visa services for new customers.

As part of our operational recovery, Visa, Status and Information Services are pleased to announce that we will be offering a Priority Visa service for customers with an existing undecided application, ahead of this service resuming for new applications.

There will be an additional fee of £573 payable for this service which will enable your existing application to be considered within 15 days, rather than the standard 30-day Priority Visa service.

You will shortly receive a further email offering you this option with further details on how you can apply. We will be contacting applicants in date order, with the oldest outstanding applications contacted first. At that point, we will also advise you on current processing times, so you are able to make an informed choice as to whether you wish to proceed with the Priority Visa service.

Should you wish to proceed at that stage you must confirm using the details in the email after which you will be sent a link that will enable you to make the payment.

Once we have confirmed that your payment has been received, your application will be assessed within 15 full working days after the date we confirm we received your payment. For example, if we confirm your payment is received on 16 January 2023, the 15 working day processing time commences on 17 January 2023.

For customers who do not wish to use the Priority Visa service, we will continue to process standard applications in date order.

Please note the additional fee does not guarantee a visa will be issued, only that the application will be considered earlier. Should the case be determined complex or require additional information, we may not be able to conclude the application within the 15 days, and no refund will be made.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Following on from the "theoldgit" post it does seem things are almost back to normal.....I can see a standard visa approval from Thailand a couple of days ago that took 65 working days.  There was also an visa approved which was upgraded to priority which took 34 working days!

Therefore it looks like standard visa applications from November are currently being processed.  

41 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Really? 

I would have thought the idea was to live together, travel together and grow old together with the freedom to do what you want when you want. How is that possible when she will be living under detention?

Maybe he wants to move to Rwanda with her...!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/14/2023 at 9:28 PM, magicroundabout said:

Decision made (Don't know outcome until we get the passport back).  

55 Working Days - Biometrics taken 25th November received email 14th Feb.

How long after you received the  decision made email,  did you have to wait to collect passport ? 

5 hours ago, Iannisa said:

How long after you received the  decision made email,  did you have to wait to collect passport ? 

We got the passport delivered to my Wife's house......it arrived really quickly within a couple of days. You get an email as well which arrived just after we got the passport

Edited by magicroundabout

Just a quick update,

Biometrics done 10 Feb 2023

Passport collected 31 March 2023 with Entry Visa validity 90 days

This was standard service, we didn't pay the extra for priority service.

Very pleased with outcome and service.

Hope this info helps

• 1 month later...