So... i have to leave Thailand on the 17th, visa question about exit and re-entering

Ok guys, i have to leave Thailand on the 17th of November, because my extension stamp is valid until that day.

My question is : Is it possible to fly to for example Laos, and fly back one day later, or even the same day, and get a 45 day stamp.

If it is possible , are there any requirements (like proof of onward ticket) at Suvarnabhumi?

Hope you guys can help me out?(wink at ubonjoe)

You didn't mention how long you have been staying in Thailand to-date and what visa (if any) you were on previously prior to your extension.

If you're doing a visa run via air after a long-stay in Thailand, and trying to return on visa-exempt - you should definitely prepare proof of an onward ticket as well as sufficient proof of funds (i.e. cash on hand) on re-entry at airport immigration. It's very likely you will get some questions.

A less risky option for you would be to carry out your visa run via land (since you're heading to Laos which is next door). Especially when you're only planning to stay outside of Thailand for just a day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5ilver said:

You didn't mention how long you have been staying in Thailand to-date and what visa (if any) you were on previously prior to your extension.

If you're doing a visa run via air after a long-stay in Thailand, and trying to return on visa-exempt - you should definitely prepare proof of an onward ticket as well as sufficient proof of funds (i.e. cash on hand) on re-entry at airport immigration. It's very likely you will get some questions.

A less risky option for you would be to carry out your visa run via land (since you're heading to Laos which is next door). Especially when you're only planning to stay outside of Thailand for just a day.

Thanks for your reply 5ilver, i have been staying here for almost 2 months, i think i will try to go by land, might be easier, and less risky, like you mentioned. 

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Flying to Udon Thani, doing the in/out via the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai (immediate return OK) would be best.

Thanks Tim, will probably take this option by land, but may go with train to Nong Khai, i should have direct connection from Pattaya, i think.

I can get stamp for 30 days, right?

2 hours ago, BritTim said:

Flying to Udon Thani, doing the in/out via the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai (immediate return OK) would be best.

Depends on where you live? If you are in Bangkok, the above may be the best option. For just two months prior stay it should not be a big problem to fly in an out to BKK airport from a neighboring country. 

2 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Depends on where you live? If you are in Bangkok, the above may be the best option. For just two months prior stay it should not be a big problem to fly in an out to BKK airport from a neighboring country. 

Thanks Warlock, seems i have multiple options then.Will try to decide which one might be best for me.

Looks like i might fly after all, cheers.

17 hours ago, TheRookie555 said:

Thanks for your reply 5ilver, i have been staying here for almost 2 months, i think i will try to go by land, might be easier, and less risky, like you mentioned. 

You'll be fine re-entering by air if your current stay is only just 2 months or so. Best of luck on your trip!