Dental implants Chiang Mai

LukKrueng

Elite Smile had a clinic at Pantip Plaza, I don't know where they have moved to. 55,000 baht per implant.

Very professional, and their equipment was state of the art. I had three implants there, still rock solid after 8-10 years.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Elite Smile had a clinic at Pantip Plaza, I don't know where they have moved to. 55,000 baht per implant.

Very professional, and their equipment was state of the art. I had three implants there, still rock solid after 8-10 years.

They have moved across to the southern side of Sridonchi road on the opposite side of the klong to Gekko Garden pub.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Ehmm, 8-10 years will actually be the point you start learning to have issues or not. So not very helpful to tell us, specially knowing that the quality and service of almost anything in Thailand has been decline in the past 10 years.

@LukKruengJust did a quick check on Istanbul again, but that's really a significant difference... Average only 20-25K baht per implant using the same quality.

That's like you break even on just 1-2 implants with flight ticket and hotel / holiday on top. Very strange actually, the dentists here must be super greedy, as they also produce in Asia / TH.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

8 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

@LukKruengJust did a quick check on Istanbul again, but that's really a significant difference... Average only 20-25K baht per implant using the same quality.

That's like you break even on just 1-2 implants with flight ticket and hotel / holiday on top. Very strange actually, the dentists here must be super greedy, as they also produce in Asia / TH.

Thanks, but Istanbul is not an option.

It's for a friend who was quoted in Oz A$6000 for the job and is thinking to get it done here while visiting me and holidaying.

2 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Thanks, but Istanbul is not an option.

It's for a friend who was quoted in Oz A$6000 for the job and is thinking to get it done here while visiting me and holidaying.

If he is quoted the 6K you also will need to know which type of implant, if it is the strausmann that cost easily up to 100K baht in TH too, that's 4200 AUD already.

But I would recommend that link in BKK i send you in that case, they are big and nice, speak english too.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

4 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I need to do 10+ implants over time, I am considering going to Istanbul for this instead as it's better priced and service.

I did found a interesting option in BKK if you are open to that: https://bfcdental.com/en/price/

Not CM but “sea smile” in Phuket and “Bangkok dental”use the malo protocol and can mount an entire upper/lower plate on 4 posts, “all on 4” 

I only needed 1 implant (performed in phuket)

I have had 3 implants done at Dental4U.  No complaints.  It’s not just the implant that one has to factor in:

1. Tooth Extraction(if required)

2. Bone Graf(if necessary)

3. The Actual Implant

4. The Crown after the implant has fused with the bone(This could take 2 months). Also, a 3D X-ray maybe needed to check on the implant.  You can go Cheap, Medium or Expensive on the crowns.  The most expensive crowns are Zirconia.  Porcelain crowns are relatively cheap.  

Total cost for each implant+crown was around 50,,000 to 55,000.  

The Implants were Titanium Osstem from S. Korea.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If he is quoted the 6K you also will need to know which type of implant, if it is the strausmann that cost easily up to 100K baht in TH too, that's 4200 AUD already.

But I would recommend that link in BKK i send you in that case, they are big and nice, speak english too.

Yes, I told him he should check what type of implant as the crown itself has to be done a while after the implant and he must make sure he gets the correct implant for a crown made in Oz

1 hour ago, amexpat said:

Vietnam has good dentists doing implants for 29-32,000 baht.

Keep in mind you have to have the post installed,

then go back in a week to remove stitches

then go back in about 3 months to finish.

Thanks, but as I mentioned earlier he is thinking to get it done here while visiting me and holidaying. I'm not going to Vietnam or any other country for his implants..

29 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I have had 3 implants done at Dental4U.  No complaints.  It’s not just the implant that one has to factor in:

1. Tooth Extraction(if required)

2. Bone Graf(if necessary)

3. The Actual Implant

4. The Crown after the implant has fused with the bone(This could take 2 months). Also, a 3D X-ray maybe needed to check on the implant.  You can go Cheap, Medium or Expensive on the crowns.  The most expensive crowns are Zirconia.  Porcelain crowns are relatively cheap.  

Total cost for each implant+crown was around 50,,000 to 55,000.  

The Implants were Titanium Osstem from S. Korea.  

Thanks.

No. 1 done already.

No. 2 I don't know - guess the dentist here will check what needed.

No. 4 he'll probably do back home after few months, or he might come here again for that.

7 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Ehmm, 8-10 years will actually be the point you start learning to have issues or not. So not very helpful to tell us, specially knowing that the quality and service of almost anything in Thailand has been decline in the past 10 years.

Any chance of re-typing the above into readable English that is apropos this topic!