Computer Gamers (and other precision users): Do you use a high-end mouse pad?

WaveHunter

I am interested to know what high-end, premium mouse pads are used by serious gamers, and others requiring precision mouse control like graphic design professionals, CAD/CAM designers, and those who work with intricate spreadsheet applications.

I am talking about "premium" mouse pads that are typically priced from$50 USD up to over $100 USD.

What are the best, and the worst you have tried, and why do you rate them as you do?

For me, I have tried dozens and found none that really satisfy me in the long run.  I prefer hard pads with exceptionally low static friction but reasonable dynamic (kinetic) friction for control and stopping power.

Some of the best I have tried are the Artisan cloth series (from Japan),  the glass Skypad, and the Ceramic CeraKote mouse pad.  None of them are without some serious flaws, but they are the best I know of.

MY TOP 3:

• ARTISAN:  is nice but since it is cloth-based, consistency changes over time and they become unusable fairly quickly when they become dirty
  • SKYPAD:  is also nice but being made of glass it is thick and heavy, and prone to scratching, and also highly susceptible to collecting foreign debris on the surface which ruins glide characteristics and must be cleaned over and over during use.
  • CERAKOTE: Better than Skypad but still with the same issues plus it is noisier.  Also, being a coated pad, I suspect the coating will be subject to wear over time..

NOTE: I know a lot of people will want to chime in and say they don't use a mouse pad at all, or they just use a cheap one, but there are legitimate reasons that people use the high-end ones, so please don't hijack this thread with a lot of off-topics comments.  Please just keep your replies to high-end mouse pads.

Thanks

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1