The Angels of Lazada

Gaccha

Ditto.

I've never had an issue with getting a refund on a wrong/fake item, follow the procedure and it just works.

I did have a minor irritation over and empty box which involved chatting to what I strongly suspect was a bot, but that was ultimately solved too.

• Like 1

I agree for the most part.. but I’ve also had some obvious ‘scam’ attempts which Lazada seems very poor at dealing with. 

i.e. Ordered an SMP Bicycle Saddle... (not cheap) and rubber phone case arrived. 

Contacted Seller - no response. 

Contacted Lazada who told me to contact the seller.

Contacted Lazada who told me I had to wait until x date until they would deal with it.

Eventually received the ‘return’ code (page) from Seller.

Had to send the rubber phone case back.

Seller then argued that it wasn’t the Saddle that I’d returned !!! (of course not).

So this song and dance went on for approximately 1 month until Lazada refunded the money to my card. 

So.. Lazada were good in taking the hit in the end... but it was a highly annoying process. I’m assuming the Seller tried to tell them I was the one scamming them...  But, I guess if the seller repeats the scam enough, they will be found out.

They are still online selling things - I can’t be the only one they’ve tried to scam.

So.. why are they still on the site ?....  I can only assume Lazada is not that efficient at removing scam shops from their site. 

-----

Other issues:

Ordering items, waiting two weeks only to see the order cancelled.

Why does it take the shop two weeks to cancel an order ?? Claiming no stock, then I see the same shop online still selling the same item !!... 

It's quite frustrating to be waiting for a ’needed item’ only to have my time wasted. 

Lazada is good - but its only as good as the shops in it and some of the are utter scam artists even if they have good customer ratings / reviews.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ordered an SMP Bicycle Saddle... (not cheap) and rubber phone case arrived. 

You didn't follow the procedure.

You should have instantly initiated a wrong item refund process. The seller has several days to respond and then if they require you return the item then do that, and so on.

Was the seller you picked a flagship store or a 90%+ rated store? A store with dodgy methods won't have customers for long. 

1 minute ago, Gaccha said:
40 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ordered an SMP Bicycle Saddle... (not cheap) and rubber phone case arrived. 

You didn't follow the procedure.

You should have instantly initiated a wrong item refund process. The seller has several days to respond and then if they require you return the item then do that, and so on.

Was the seller you picked a flagship store or a 90%+ rated store? A store with dodgy methods won't have customers for long. 

Thats pretty much what I did...  I don’t think the seller was a flagship store... just one with an OK rating, ok response rating etc...  the shop (under that name) is no longer online, I just checked. 

It was a faff because the seller at the other end was attempting to game the system. 

I just looked back through the orders...  22 pages of orders on Lazada going back 3 years. 

To be fair....   I’ve only had 10 returns...  most are ‘out of stock items’ where the seller filed the refund process...  A couple of fake items.... returned and refunded easily.  

A couple of ‘wrong size items’... It seems we need to order anywhere from an XL to 4XL for clothing from China to get what we’d call an L....

All in all... Lazada is trouble free... its just the odd one off...

• Thumbs Up 1

Made the mistake of buying a 50 inch TV on Lazada, that was 1K baht cheaper than in Big C. It arrived broken, made photos, submit to return, picked up 3-5 days later, refund 2 weeks later.

Bought the same TV at Big C meanwhile. Was about 20K. Is complete nonsense to speak about 90% rating stores, needing to not use cash on delivery etc, complete BS.

Obviously a poor rated long existing store will clearly have issues but other than that, it is simply per shop and client a different case. I can imagine non-thai speaking people that come over as high-demanding, always having trouble, in every aspect of Thai life.

You just have to be chill, polite and patient here, but consistent, then all usually works out here.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats pretty much what I did...  I don’t think the seller was a flagship store... just one with an OK rating, ok response rating etc...  the shop (under that name) is no longer online, I just checked. 

It was a faff because the seller at the other end was attempting to game the system. 

I just looked back through the orders...  22 pages of orders on Lazada going back 3 years. 

To be fair....   I’ve only had 10 returns...  most are ‘out of stock items’ where the seller filed the refund process...  A couple of fake items.... returned and refunded easily.  

A couple of ‘wrong size items’... It seems we need to order anywhere from an XL to 4XL for clothing from China to get what we’d call an L....

All in all... Lazada is trouble free... its just the odd one off...

I'm surprised you can return wrong size clothing, kinda buyer error

I also have an issue with Lazada.

Ordered two pairs of shorts but ordered my chest size not my waist size.

They delivered  shorts that were my chest size not my waist how could they not have known that!

Now I have shorts that are too big!

Well, for me anyway.

I have never had any issues getting a refund from Lazada, but I feel that everything is great with Lazada until it isn't. These occasions have become less an less recently but still ..

As opposed to the other crew, how that trainwreck of a company is still going is beyond me.

37 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm surprised you can return wrong size clothing, kinda buyer error

Not at all - IF sizes were accurate to the description then you’d have a point but they never are...

...  Its somewhat of a lottery when ordering from the UK where there is more consistency. 

But even shoes from different brands size out differently.

Ordering from China takes this sizing guess-work to a whole new level - if I couldn’t return the item, I wouldn’t bother buying at all, neither would many people. 

Its china... the size charts are hilarious and what we get very often is nothing like the size chart !!..

Recently I purchased a couple of beach shirts based on the ‘chest size’.... I ordered 3XL and 4XL...

both too large but acceptable for ‘walking / sitting on a beach’...  I kept both of them anyway. 

Previously from the same Shop I’d ordered an XL T-shirt based on their size chart...  I had to return the item, it was like a Medium in the UK (in the Uk I’m usually an L or an XL). 

In fact ‘over ordering’ is the way to shop online... People have been doing this for decades. 

i.e. Next online, something like 70% of the orders are returned. 

I do a shop each year we go home... I order loads of stuff online, various sizes, styles etc for myself and my Son... My Wife does the same for her stuff. 

We try it all on at home (parents) etc... and return anything we don’t want.... 

This is the shopping norm now and certainly beats the hassle of walking around the shops. 

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

beats the hassle of walking around the shops. 

Something I remember from the The Times a few years back:

Men's anxiety levels out shopping with their wives are greater than soldiers under fire in Vietnam.

Anything that can be done to reduce men's stress is social justice! Lazada should be given a medal! 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gaccha said:

Something I remember from the The Times a few years back:

Men's anxiety levels out shopping with their wives are greater than soldiers under fire in Vietnam.

Anything that can be done to reduce men's stress is social justice! Lazada should be given a medal! 

I have no such anxiety, my GF loves shopping in secondhand stores with her friends.

What baffles me is how they can spend 4 or 5 hours in there, and come out with nothing, or less than 100 baht in purchases.

2 hours ago, Pawpcorn said:

Agree 100% with OP, Lazada has been a dream to purchase from, ALWAYS immediate "customer-is-always-right" experience, RAPID refunds, immediate response, all using a Thai ATM (Mastercard) account.

Second this. We are selling on Lazada and there has not been a case when Lazada would consider what Sellers say.

Regardless of what Buyers did, lied etc, Lazada literally sides with them leaving no room for Seller demands even if the Seller can prove they were right and the buyer was wrong. 

Sellers are treated as nobodies. That's why lots of Sellers have become ignorant.

Someone mentioned that it's worth choosing from stores with over 90% rating. There is, however, a flaw in this idea. Most buyers would review immediately or within a very short time so the real quality can't be measured.

Also, buyers tend to give better ratings for large shops  regardless of the quality. 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:54 PM, Thailand said:

I also have an issue with Lazada.

Ordered two pairs of shorts but ordered my chest size not my waist size.

They delivered  shorts that were my chest size not my waist how could they not have known that!

What's your issue?  They sent you exactly what you ordered.