Philippines

If she is Filipina does she have previous foreign travel in her passport?  PI immigration will not allow travel without proper documents and reasons for travel - to see a "boyfriend" without long documented history would be a huge red flag.  Even with BF could be problematic.  Immigration has full authority to deny travel if they suspect woman may be taken advantage of.

Her current employment will also be a factor.  For a current case you might want to check YouTube videos from about a month or two ago from this PI poster:

https://www.youtube.com/@paulinthephilippinesolddog9234

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Laphroaig27 said:

The problem is her getting out. She will be questioned. Saying she's visiting a bf in Thailand she'll be taken for a prostitute in all likelihood.

If she has a degree she should bring it and say she's a friend in Thailand going to line up English teaching interviews

Is this problem only because she will be traveling to Thailand?

I mean if for example she was traveling to Singapore, would she still have the same problem?

1 minute ago, mikeymike100 said:

I mean if for example she was traveling to Singapore, would she still have the same problem?

Yes. I have heard first hand accounts of many girls being stopped going to Singapore, Thailand, HK, Bali and KL.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

I'm of the understanding that it's for all countries to help prevent the girls from getting exploited/trafficked when they arrive at their destination.

5 minutes ago, DanBlack said:

Sorry. My mistake. I am in Phuket. I usually am writing in Thailand forums, and saying "here" is understood. To be  clear. Yes she is Filipina

She will be coming on a 30 day tourist visa, with a return ticket

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Yes. I have heard first hand accounts of many girls being stopped going to Singapore, Thailand, HK, Bali and KL.

Stopping girls or women? An adult can fly anywhere.

They dont need fascists to control them.

Edited by Sparktrader

33 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Stopping girls or women? An adult can fly anywhere.

They dont need fascists to control them.

Generally they are adult women, over the age of 18.

I know for a fact that Filipina women do in some cases have a difficult time entering Singapore, cos i have actually seen it. There were 2 Filipina women in front of me at immigration in Changi Airport, they were getting grilled by the IO, in the end the had to go to the office, dont know what happened.

Immigration might be a lot things, but I dont think they are fascists?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Generally they are adult women, over the age of 18.

I know for a fact that Filipina women do in some cases have a difficult time entering Singapore, cos i have actually seen it. There were 2 Filipina women in front of me at immigration in Changi Airport, they were getting grilled by the IO, in the end the had to go to the office, dont know what happened.

Immigration might be a lot things, but I dont think they are fascists?

For stopping 2 legal entrants?

Just now, Sparktrader said:

For stopping 2 legal entrants?

From what i could make out the IO in Changi was asking what they would be doing in Singapore, the women said holiday. The IO was convinced they would be working (illegally) in a club or bar, thats why they were taken to the office.They didn't have much money and could not provide an address were they would be staying.

No different really to many of the stories we hear about tourists trying to enter Thailand?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

From what i could make out the IO in Changi was asking what they would be doing in Singapore, the women said holiday. The IO was convinced they would be working (illegally) in a club or bar, thats why they were taken to the office.They didn't have much money and could not provide an address were they would be staying.

No different really to many of the stories we hear about tourists trying to enter Thailand?

Not based on nationality but income and vague answers.

Always best to dress well and answer well.

13 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Not based on nationality but income and vague answers.

Always best to dress well and answer well.

Correct, plus they were young women, I would guess 21/22? The fact is many young women, from Philippines do work in Singapore illegally in bars etc

20 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Why not? You think Singapore has no prostitution 

10 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Why not? You think Singapore has no prostitution 

Having lived in Singapore I know it has legal prostitution and illegal prostitution.

Go to Orchard Towers, for example,  and you will see the illegal side of it.

21 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Had a Filipina GF for 8 years in Singapore & every time she went home to visit family when she was between waitressing jobs (IIRC she was only ever allowed a 6 months / max 1 year Employment Pass before having to leave & reapply again) I would have to fly out to bring her back or she risked being denied permission to leave the Philippines. 

On one occasion they even made me sign an affidavit saying that I would take care of her & ensure that she did not "Become a Burden on the State"...

On another occasion they wouldn't accept her explanation that we've travelled to lots of places together or even that I had visited the Philippines before because I had a new passport with no previous stamps, fortunately I was able to give them the details of my previous passport so they could see my previous > 30 visits to Philippines & how all her previous exits from PI matched these.   

A  number of times I've been sat at the gate waiting to board the plane & immigration have come around to pull girls off the flights, this after they've already checked in & paid their departure tax. 

Edit: You can get go down the route of getting a "Red Ribbon" if you're not able to go to Philippines to travel with your GF, I looked at this once when I was busy with work BUT decided it was just easier to pop over for the weekend to pick her up. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

12 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

...You can get go down the route of getting a "Red Ribbon" if you're not able to go to Philippines to travel with your GF, I looked at this once when I was busy with work BUT decided it was just easier to pop over for the weekend to pick her up. 

Now you've got and probably also others curios what you mean with "Red Ribbon"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Maestro said:

Now you've got and probably also others curios what you mean with "Red Ribbon"

NB... Whilst looking for a decent site that explained what "Red Ribbon" is, I've learned that it was replaced in May 2019 by "Apostille Document Authentication"  

https://dumaguete.com/apostille-document-authentication-video/... Which I can only assume works the same way but I have never looked into it. 

As I'd already typed out the below before looking for a site, I'll leave it in as background for what a "Red Ribbon" was please feel free to ignore ???? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Below is useless information as "Red Ribbon" no longer exists...

"Red Ribbon" is a way of getting formal notarization of documents so PI immigration will accept proof that the Filipina was travelling for legitimate reasons & not being trafficked. 

The time I looked at it, the Ex-GF had a new job offer in SG but even a letter from the company with the offer wouldn't necessarily be enough to guarantee that she'd be able to travel so the "Red Ribbon" process would have been to take this offer to The Department of Foreign Affairs, get it notarized by them which she could then show to immigration on departure guaranteeing that she wouldn't be stopped from travelling. 

WHAT IS A RED RIBBON?

Red Ribbon documents are usually required when one applies for a job abroad, traveling or even transferring to an abroad school for verification and authentication. There are a number of documents the DFA can give authentication or in other terms a red ribbon. The process of getting a DFA has to go through CAV (Certification Verification Authentication).

https://dumaguete.com/red-ribbon-document-authentication/

I believe it is also possible to get a "Red Ribbon" for non-work related travel by getting proof of relationship type documents (Photos, evidence of previous travel together etc...)  notarized but I only looked at it the one time as normally I was happy to go for a short holiday to Davao, Cebu, Boracay etc... and we would fly back to Singapore from there. 

Edited by Mike Teavee