Infected on flights

Lorry

16 minutes ago, orchis said:

Caught it on a Qatar flight that was very unruly (no masks, loutishness, drunks wandering around) without any intervention of the staff. This was in January.

So before the 0% Budwiser was introduced.  555

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

We arrived International with two stops in other countries.

Both wife & I had the single original vaccine years ago because we thought that was the only way anyone would be allowed to travel

Been here a month now neither of us got sick...So I guess it just depends on many thing eh ????

5 minutes ago, orchis said:

the main problem was young people drinking their own liquor which is prohibited but airline staff let them while being aware of it.

Go biz class on Qatar, mostly rich arabs who don't drink. never go with them again though as the food was disgusting and worse than their economy

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No airline encourages its passengers not to wear a mask - that idea is ridiculous.

I was told Emirates distributes flyers stressing how clean their air is. A mask is not necessary. I haven't seen the flyer myself, but the guy who flew Emirates told me the flyer encouraged people not to wear a mask.

He is not a native speaker of English,  though.  Maybe some nuances got "lost in translation".

26 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

have an aussi mate who went to hua hin in september and so far he doesnt seem to have returned to melbourn no replies to fone or email so i dont know whats happened to him ,hope he is well somewhere

I hope he didn't get mixed up with the wrong people. He's not answering emails or mobile is concerning.

it's not safe here if your alone in some areas/back bars 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I never knew they had flight surgeons on board .... I guess if an operation at 30,000ft is needed then he's ready,   btw .. where was the flight doctor?

I think the flight doctor was looking after that little girl who was dying of something.

Surely his name was Leslie Nielsen, (and stop calling me Shirley)????????

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

What is Covid? Do you guys mean the regular flu? We have been having this for a while now, and it´s nothing at the moment. same as always weak and sick will die, as with any flu. Nothing more to add.

It's not like any flu I ever had and I've had plenty in my 72 years. This one is overwhelming fatigue and a highly productive cough, normal/usual treatment of symptoms hasn't worked for this family hence we're all on anti-viral meds currently and they're an experience in themselves....family members aged 19 to 74

5 hours ago, Lorry said:

I was told Emirates distributes flyers stressing how clean their air is. A mask is not necessary. I haven't seen the flyer myself, but the guy who flew Emirates told me the flyer encouraged people not to wear a mask.

He is not a native speaker of English,  though.  Maybe some nuances got "lost in translation".

Somebody you don't know, telling you isn't a fact and shouldn't be presented as one.

7 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

We've been masked and living in the North for years but went to Pattaya and Bangkok last week. We caught covid and are now on antivirals after 6 days. Pattaya was heaving with unmasked tourists, go figure.

What antivirals are available in Thailand? Is it the one that Merck makes, Molnupiravir?

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Somebody you don't know, telling you isn't a fact and shouldn't be presented as one.

It is not somebody I don't know.  It is a friend who came with Emirates.

Medical questions on flights are his job, so he had a certain professional interest in this flyer.

Edited by Lorry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SiamAndy said:

What antivirals are available in Thailand? Is it the one that Merck makes, Molnupiravir?

Yes, but they have a generic version (Thailand is deemed too wealthy to be allowed to produce it's own molnupiravir). Very cheap, not very useful.

They mostly still use Favipiravir, cheap and pretty useless. 

Paxlovid is not available in Thailand. 

13 hours ago, Lorry said:

It doesn't matter how clean the air in the cabin is, it just takes some Covid infected tosser without a mask to cough close to you and, as Roy Orbison said, 'You Got It'

'

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

It doesn't matter how clean the air in the cabin is, it just takes some Covid infected tosser without a mask to cough close to you and, as Roy Orbison said, 'You Got It'

'

Exactly. You would think by now that people would understand how masks and the current covid vaccines are supposed to work. But no....always some idiotic moron will pipe up with :

" You see, he was triple vaccinated and still got infected !!! .They don't work suckers. ! "

Or with masks :

" Masks don't protect you one iota from covid. If you think they do , go on and provide a link . Go on ...if you can . "

Sigh, never under estimate the number of really stupid and selfish people there are.

Edited by Denim
  • Love It 1

• 2 weeks later...

the aussi mate who supposedly went to hua hin and disapeared had to go to pnom pen as his mate was on his deathbed due to diabetes ,,numerous strokes and gal bladder probs  meantt he had stay there till he checked out after 7 weeks

now hes gone to chill out after his mates funeral at 59

sad story