Anyone know the name of this Spider? WARNING picture of spider included in post!

MrMuddle

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

We have them in Australia. They live for many years and often in bathrooms in the tropics. I think they would also be endemic to Thailand since the latitude where I come from is the same as Pattaya.

I know we have them in OZ but never seen one in Thailand 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

On our kitchen window today. Northern Thailand.

a harmless Huntsman spider, it is your friend because it eats bad insects like the cockroaches.

2 hours ago, MrMuddle said:

WARNING picture of spider included in post!

LOL I've literally laughed here, this topic reminded me of a divers' joke, something like "what is the difference between scuba divers and normal people? - when somebody at the beach shouts "SHARK!" normal people run out of the water and divers run into the water"

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

They are not venomous...and I used to think they were harmless and would pick them up to throw them out into the garden.   

But one did bite me and left 2 red marks where it's fangs went into my finger.  Now I always use an upturned glass to catch them. 

Huntsman spiders are venomous but the venom is generally harmless to humans. In fact all spiders except for a few small groups are venomous.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, fdsa said:

a harmless Huntsman spider, it is your friend because it eats bad insects like the cockroaches.

LOL I've literally laughed here, this topic reminded me of a divers' joke, something like "what is the difference between scuba divers and normal people? - when somebody at the beach shouts "SHARK!" normal people run out of the water and divers run into the water"

I thought it was only fair to warn people there are lots of aracnophobics about!