I Hate Csloxinfo Dsl!

StrongView

Hi all. So I signed up for CSLoxinfo ADSL and 1.5 weeks ago it was installed. Because I'm a busy nerd, I didn't have a lot of time to research prices. Usually, I really scour the price listings everywhere before comitting....but since I trusted CSLox...I went with them. Well, as most of you know, True is now offering up to 4Mbps for less than 2300 baht...and I am stuck with this 512/256 line for 6500 + VAT / month. RIDICULOUS. Well, to make matters worse...I really needed a trustworthy ADSL line so I could use my VoIP carrier to call back to the US. Additionally, my VoIP provider offers an incoming phone number that is local to the US (NY to be exact) and it rings my VoIP phone over here in my office. Pretty cool technology. Well, my incoming line was intermittently working. My VoIP provider was blaming it on my DLink firewall, but I was convinced it was not...because I opened all the appropriate ports. Ok ok...long story short. I installed a broadband connectivity software alarm on my computer and it is going off a lot. Basically, my connection drops off often. Today alone (since I installed it at 2pm) it has dropped approx. 30 times. Sometimes as short as 1 second, one time it was 12 minutes.

Besides the annoyances associated with losing the connection for a short period of time, everytime the connection drops (even for 1 second) my VoIP client software gets reset....so it wont accept incoming calls...until I log off of it, and log back in. So, I'm missing my business and personal calls that I set this whole thing up for!!

Now, when I signed up, I signed a 1 year contract. With the line going down so often and the cost being SO OUT OF WHACK with the competition...I want to get out of the contract. It states that if I want to terminate the contract, I have to give 30 days notice in writing and then I am liable for any time used (prorated) and any damages to the company. This is , of course, left up to MAJOR interpretation....and since I am the "rich rich falang" I'm thinking I am going to be taken to the cleaners on this one. What I am wondering is....because of my problems with the line...should I reference that when I call?? By that, I mean...should I say "Your line is dropping like crazy" and run the risk of them saying "oh, ok...we'll come over and check it" since they are of course going to want to keep me as a customer and try to make me happy (also...I run the risk of them being offended and trying to charge me every last baht for "damages")? or should I just say that I am moving out of the country (a lie) and want to kill the contract (that way it's just done with and they will charge me what they want so i can be clear with them)?

In then end I want to sign up with True for the 4Mb / 512kb line...only 2300 baht.

advice is extremely helpful...especially if you've ever been in this situation before. Oh, and yeah...steer clear of the "HOT promotion" @ CSLoxinfo for the 512 / 256 ADSL line...it's a load of bull.

a billion thanks

-matty strongview

I have not had the DSL as I can't get another line,or I would have.

But I did get their IPTV incoming sat INTERNET, It worked part time and like you,it was intermittent when it did work,Then for the last 3 months I had it,it would not work at all and they would do nothing except send me a monthly bill for 1500 baht.

I too had a year contract,but took their junk and threw it in the driveway and told them to come and get it,it is still here and I have never had to pay anymore.

but I notice that all ISPs have only intermittent INTERNET connections,,just some more of your fine Thai engineering and technical expertise.

Long Live fearless leader.

Yeah, I mean, I was pretty suprised that it worked at all with my phone line installed "professionally" with wall staples and electrical tape. I'm sure there are plenty of packets of data coming through all f'd up.

So basically, lets say I tell them I'm done with the contract. I say..."NO MORE"...and I pay for what I used. Then, say they try to not let me out of the contract and keep billing me.... what is the most they can do? I mean...since I have never been in this situation in the kingdom, I dont know how simple or how severe they could be. Any ideas of which way it could go?

Thanks

KevinN,

Problem with iptv is only their ridiculous technical support....

I have iptv now for over 7 months and it works pretty close to perfect, but only after tweaking everything myself. New firmware in the pentabox, forcing your settings on another dns server etc....

The system is capable of delivering as promised but, as with everything computerwise, it has to be set up correct!...

I have connectivity monitoring software as well and I lose connection once or twice a day only when my modem drops the connection. This has nothing to do with the sat link, just the nature of any modem connection... Only a petty they don't supply a bigger dish to cover for signal loss with bad wheather....

Not to rub salt in the wound, but I just received a quote from Loxinfo for 128/64. Monthly unlimited is 1000 baht/month with free installation. Maybe it would be a good idea to phone up Loxinfo and and try renegotiate your contract?