Patong Hill road open to cars now?

DFPhuket

I know that Patong hill is open to motorbikes going both from Patong to Kathu and Kathu to Patong. But what is the latest regarding cars? I need to drive from Patong to Kathu and back tomorrow morning, but I've not sure whether it's now open one direction, both directions or neither.  Has anyone driven it in the past couple of days? 

I have not driven it in the last few days.  I have not heard of any update in the news since about 5 days ago.  The situation at that time was that it was EITHER open only to motorcycle traffic both ways OR open to motorcycle traffic both ways and car travel only from Patong to Kathu direction.  We have had periods of rain since then.  I suspect (but do not know) that the situation is unchanged.

Personally, on a motorcycle I would be comfortable driving it in its current state.  In a car I would not be.  Up to you.

The coast road from Kamala into Patong and the road from Karon into Patong are both open, but with heavier than normal traffic.

• Thumbs Up 1

After all of the overnight rain, I didn't risk trying to drive over Patong Hill. Even it was open, I don't trust whoever it is that decides whether it's safe or not. I took the longer route via Chalong and was pleasantly surprised that the traffic wasn't too heavy at 9 AM.