US Tourist Visa for Thai National

How long is the interview at the US Embassy Bangkok for the Thai national applying for a US B-2 tourist visa.

My friend's Thai girlfriend has an appointment next week at 10:30 am. Wants to know typically how long the interview lasts. They are from upcountry and what to make their travel arrangements to/from Bangkok accordingly.

5 minutes tops. The decision will pretty much have been sealed long before they even get to stand at that perspex window

Since you state 'girlfriend' I hope your friend understands that the odds of an unmarried Thai female getting a B2 are really stacked against them.

Not to say it doesn't happen, but it's a tough visa for Thai's and better go in knowing that.

I'm kinda of in the same situation . My domestic partner of 6 years has been denied 3 times so far. She has own business with family ( 2 gifts shops plus restaurant. 2 homes, rice farm,) over 50 years old. was thinking of getting agency-

17 hours ago, john thom said:

I'm kinda of in the same situation . My domestic partner of 6 years has been denied 3 times so far. She has own business with family ( 2 gifts shops plus restaurant. 2 homes, rice farm,) over 50 years old. was thinking of getting agency-

Years ago, we applied for a tourist visa to visit my daughter who had just had a baby.

My then long time gf, professional woman, granted leave from work, money in the bank etc etc.

Of course denied.

I vowed I would never again line the State Dept pockets with another cent.

Of course years later when we wanted to move to the US and got legally married, absolutely nothing had changed in our situation, other than a piece of paper, her immigration application sailed through.

I might add, her 'interview' for her immigrant interview lasted about one minute!

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Years ago, we applied for a tourist visa to visit my daughter who had just had a baby.

My then long time gf, professional woman, granted leave from work, money in the bank etc etc.

Of course denied.

I vowed I would never again line the State Dept pockets with another cent.

Of course years later when we wanted to move to the US and got legally married, absolutely nothing had changed in our situation, other than a piece of paper, her immigration application sailed through.

I might add, her 'interview' for her immigrant interview lasted about one minute!

yeah,  legally married is probably easier.  I'm legally separated from wife in the u.s ( she won't divorce because she gets free medical from my retirement), so was thinking about a visa agency this time around. just putting some feelers out there before I decide-

2 minutes ago, john thom said:

yeah,  legally married is probably easier.  I'm legally separated from wife in the u.s ( she won't divorce because she gets free medical from my retirement), so was thinking about a visa agency this time around. just putting some feelers out there before I decide-

An agent won't make any difference with the US embassy.

It's a total cra***p shoot with tourist visas for married or unmarried Thai females.

The CO looks at the unmarried ones who will potentially just disappear and then marry an American down the line.

The married ones will travel to the US with hubby then apply for an adjustment of status to bypass the regular immigration process.

I do understand their dilemma.

To put it in context. My wife has many Thai friends, and only her and one other of her friends entered as legal immigrants, all of the rest overstayed tourist visas and ultimately married American men, or still are illegal.

The fact that there is so much abuse of the tourist visa screws it up for regular folks

26 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

An agent won't make any difference with the US embassy.

It's a total cra***p shoot with tourist visas for married or unmarried Thai females.

The CO looks at the unmarried ones who will potentially just disappear and then marry an American down the line.

The married ones will travel to the US with hubby then apply for an adjustment of status to bypass the regular immigration process.

I do understand their dilemma.

To put it in context. My wife has many Thai friends, and only her and one other of her friends entered as legal immigrants, all of the rest overstayed tourist visas and ultimately married American men, or still are illegal.

The fact that there is so much abuse of the tourist visa screws it up for regular folks

yeah, that sucks. guess we'll just keep trying. Just think she's no " spring chicken ", and has strong ties here, why it's so hard-  but will keep trying-

18 hours ago, john thom said:

My friend used this agency;

https://www.americavisa4thai.com/

Yes, she had the interview and they kept her passport to issue a tourist visa. I will let you know if it is a single entry or multiple entry.

She arrived early and they let her in and processed her through to the interview which she had before her scheduled time. She had 3 or 4 softball questions and it was done.

On 12/3/2022 at 10:09 AM, mackayae said:

Yes, she had the interview and they kept her passport to issue a tourist visa. I will let you know if it is a single entry or multiple entry.

She arrived early and they let her in and processed her through to the interview which she had before her scheduled time. She had 3 or 4 softball questions and it was done.

That's great- good for her. Did she use the firm you posted?

35 minutes ago, mackayae said:

What is the maximum length of stay per entry? I thought it was 6 months, but my friend who just received the 10 year multiple said 3 months.

My gf has a B1 visa (temp business) and the max stay is 180 days stay can be extended to max 1 year. B2 visa (tourist) is max 180 days per stay, can't be extended afaik. 

I can only stay 90 days on my esta visa free thing (german passport).