TM28 change of address

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices are using the TM30 report for a change of address instead of the TM28 form.

The TM30 report will need to be done first.

When doing a visa run,when come back into Thailand do i need to go and register my address again even if I'm staying  at the same address?

8 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

When doing a visa run,when come back into Thailand do i need to go and register my address again even if I'm staying  at the same address?

Only those on extensions of stay (re-entry permit )or that have a multiple entry visa are exempt from doing a TM30 report after entering the country.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Only those on extensions of stay (re-entry permit )or that have a multiple entry visa are exempt from doing a TM30 report after entering the country.

Ohh ok.I didn't know I had to do my address again after I came back in.Im going to do my 30 day extension on Monday will this be a big problem?will there be a fine?

34 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

Ohh ok.I didn't know I had to do my address again after I came back in.Im going to do my 30 day extension on Monday will this be a big problem?will there be a fine?

It can depend upon the office where you submit the TM30 report. Many will not fine you for not doing it shortly after entering the country. The amount of the fine can vary from as little as 800 baht to 2000 baht.

On 11/23/2022 at 2:50 PM, ubonjoe said:

It can depend upon the office where you submit the TM30 report. Many will not fine you for not doing it shortly after entering the country. The amount of the fine can vary from as little as 800 baht to 2000 baht.

Thanks for the replies.Ive just had a look at the updates for tm30 reporting and it seems to say the owner of the property only needs to register my details 1 time.If I go out and come back within the time frame of the rental contract (6months) that there's no need to do the tm30 again.Does that sound correct?

11 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Thanks for the replies.Ive just had a look at the updates for tm30 reporting and it seems to say the owner of the property only needs to register my details 1 time.If I go out and come back within the time frame of the rental contract (6months) that there's no need to do the tm30 again.Does that sound correct?

Close to correct but it depends upon the category of visa you have when you enter the country. If on a extension of stay (one year) you only need to report if you enter with a new visa.

Travel within the country does not require a new report.

• Like 1