Thai Police Clearance

Hi All,

I have a few specific questions regarding Thai police clearance certificates.

My wife needs to get one for her Australian Spouse Visa aplication.

We live in Phuket.

Do we have to travel to Bangkok to get this done, or is it possible to attend a police station here, and mail the information to them?

Does anyone have the corect contact details for the Police Clearance Service Center?

I have tried calling the number that they provide and i get a message about an incorrect number(this is the same number provided by the Australian Embassy web site)

I have tried to email the police, but their email bounces..

All assistance is appreciated.

Regards

The best option would be to go there and do it....

First off go to your local police and see if they have the forms, if they have them then see if you can fill it out and post it in....they should also be able to assist with the address etc...

Edited by gburns57au

From form 47P :

Apply at :

Police Clearance Service Centret

Special Branch (Building 24)

Royal Thai Police Headquarters

Rama 1

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Resident Citizens Provide :

passport; Thai ID card house registration; evidence of name change; evidence of military service (Sor Dor 8 or Sor Dor 43); marriage certificate or divorce certificate, if availible; in case of minor, the parents or the guardian must be present to give consent.

The Police Clearance Service Centre open Monday to Friday from 08:30-16:30

Phone: 02-2052168 and 02-2052169

Fax: 02-2052168

Internet: www.sb.police.go.th

E-mail: [email protected]

Fee: nil - processing period is 7 working days.

Kiwisr

is correct with all the information he has given you. You will need to go to Bangkok to do the police clearence report, i did mine in January for a visa application. They will photograph you and take fingerprints. Then you pick up the police clearence report 10 working days later.

Geordie

Technically, if you're in-country, you're supposed to travel to Bangkok to apply for the police clearance certificate in person.

And in any case, it's easier because they do the fingerprinting and photos right there for you.

Also, you don't have to come back in 10 days to pick up the certificates. They'll mail them to you if you want.

Ours were mailed to ChiangMai (1 Thai, 1 Falang). Cost for mailing in-country was 40 Baht each. There were no other costs associated with the certificates.

Edited by expatwannabe

I was trying to avoid an extra trip to Bangkok...

If you have yet to obtain her medical clearance you might as well use the Bangkok visit to obtain same.

With both documents (Police and medical) in your possession, you can then book your interview through the Oz Embassy, Bangkok, hand in your completed application together with all supporting documents and....with any luck at all, you may get your visa approved within 24 hours.

sorry can i ask a question please

does the police clearance check include checking you out in your home country or just thailand ?

sorry again and thanks

The Thai Police Clearance Cerificate only relates to Thailand.

And only relates to the applicant....

From form 47P :

Apply at :

Police Clearance Service Centret

Special Branch (Building 24)

Royal Thai Police Headquarters

Rama 1

Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330

Resident Citizens Provide :

passport; Thai ID card house registration; evidence of name change; evidence of military service (Sor Dor 8 or Sor Dor 43); marriage certificate or divorce certificate, if availible; in case of minor, the parents or the guardian must be present to give consent.

The Police Clearance Service Centre open Monday to Friday from 08:30-16:30

Phone: 02-2052168 and 02-2052169

Fax: 02-2052168

Internet: www.sb.police.go.th

E-mail: [email protected]

Fee: nil - processing period is 7 working days.

We went through this process when my wife came out to New Zealand - Went to the police station mentioned above and after exercising reasonable patience and lots of smiling the necessary hoops were leapt through in a couple of hours - no problems at all and the police were quite pleasant to deal with. It took them a week or so after that to process the paperwork and then they posted the documents out to us. No hassle at all - just a bit of waiting.

• 1 month later...
.. as we now have a 7 day old baby in tow..

Congratulations!

Same here.

While your in Bangkok dont foreget to go to your embassy and register your baby, and apply for a passport at the same time.

My wife, baby, and i are about to receive our interview date for a spousal visa to USA. It mentions that she needs a police report from each place she lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16, even when it is within the same country. She has lived in a couple different provinces and this is all reflected on the applications. Do we need to go to each province and request a police report?

Thanks

Hi All,

I have a few specific questions regarding Thai police clearance certificates.

My wife needs to get one for her Australian Spouse Visa aplication.

We live in Phuket.

Do we have to travel to Bangkok to get this done, or is it possible to attend a police station here, and mail the information to them?

Does anyone have the corect contact details for the Police Clearance Service Center?

I have tried calling the number that they provide and i get a message about an incorrect number(this is the same number provided by the Australian Embassy web site)

I have tried to email the police, but their email bounces..

All assistance is appreciated.

Regards

I went there yesteray to get my mrs one. Very easy process. The wait is now 14 days before they issue it to you. Not the 7 days a advertised. Tip: remember the address where she is currently working cause this is one of the questions. No fee for paper.

Do we need to go to each province and request a police report?

The clearance from the Royal Thai Police should cover the whole of Thailand. I believe that they are a central agency.

Click here for their phone number.

Thanks for the replies! I think/hope you are correct. The information i have that says otherwise is from this link...

http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/police-certificates.html

On the US embassy website for thailand it doesnt mention any of this.

Regards

joeyswags,

You are right, the link definately says otherwise.

In this case it is wrong.

That Thai police certificate covers all of Thailand.

If you go to the local district Police station, you will be referred to Bangkok.

The link also states that there is not a police certificate available in Thailand at all....

Some of their information must be out of date...

Police clearance BKK   We got this last week.  Easy and hassle free (just a few lewd innuendos from one officer while I was waiting for G/F to get photograph).

Can anyone comment if we need to get the Medical before lodging Partner Visa for Australia?  Maybe better to get later and lodge while 47F is being processed??

P.S.  Aussietraveller   -  maybe now "Aussieathome"   :o   Good Luck.

Police clearance BKK   We got this last week.  Easy and hassle free (just a few lewd innuendos from one officer while I was waiting for G/F to get photograph).

Can anyone comment if we need to get the Medical before lodging Partner Visa for Australia?  Maybe better to get later and lodge while 47F is being processed??

I'd suggest wait until you get them to tell you to. The reason is that i went and done my mrs and kids today and on the form it instructs the medical examiner to send to the embassy with " cover letter" that will contain your case file number. I am worried that although, after ringing the embassy to check and they said " just send it in" that it will get lost or delayed due to the fact i haven't lodged my offical visa appilcation yet. I can see now the reason they ask you to wait. Is because they give you a case file number. All i can hope for now is that when we do lodge, they have the medical report filed away for easy access.

hope this helps.

Cheers

I'd suggest wait until you get them to tell you to. The reason is that i went and done my mrs and kids today and on the form it instructs the medical examiner to send to the embassy with " cover letter" that will contain your case file number. I am worried that although, after ringing the embassy to check and they said " just send it in" that it will get lost or delayed due to the fact i haven't lodged my offical visa appilcation yet. I can see now the reason they ask you to wait. Is because they give you a case file number. All i can hope for now is that when we do lodge, they have the medical report filed away for easy access.

hope this helps.

Cheers

shouldnt be a problem....it will be filed under the name...if the applicant has already been to Oz then they will have a file there already