Dental clinic recommendation (Bangkok)

Jaunty

You get what you pay for with surgeries in my opinion, I’ve always used bangkok hospital. 

if someone is doing work just as good as a hospital they’ll be charging near their price, no one’s running a charity where they’ll invest in the same equipment and do the same quality of work but charge significantly less. 

only other place I’d go to if I had to is bangkok smile dental clinic, at least they are partnered with Thai elite so it has some affiliation/reputation to uphold 

• Like 1

Bangkok Dental Spa, Soi 19 SUKHUMVIT (same street as T21 - Asok BTS

Dr Lily Poncheron ... superb. I won't go to anyone else.

https://bangkokdentalspa.com/

She rebuilt almost my entire mouth, in my past life only minimally tended, and somewhat neglected.

Never an issue with anything she has done, every piece of work has lasted perfectly, annoying sporadic molar pains no longer (never had any of my wisdoms out previously in life), perfect natural smile, fantastic implants, entire front teeth crowned (top & bottom), all old amalgam filling removed and gold fused-porcelain ones installed. She is a Master dentist, speaks good English (has served ... exclusively ... falangs for many years in her Sukhumvit practice).  

Tell her Philip referred you????

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

You get what you pay for with surgeries in my opinion, I’ve always used bangkok hospital. 

if someone is doing work just as good as a hospital they’ll be charging near their price, no one’s running a charity where they’ll invest in the same equipment and do the same quality of work but charge significantly less. 

only other place I’d go to if I had to is bangkok smile dental clinic, at least they are partnered with Thai elite so it has some affiliation/reputation to uphold 

Bangkok hospital, Bumrungrad etc are boutique hospitals with huge overheads hence the inflated prices. There are small clinics that offer the same quality but at a much lower cost. 

29 minutes ago, Jaunty said:

Bangkok hospital, Bumrungrad etc are boutique hospitals with huge overheads hence the inflated prices. There are small clinics that offer the same quality but at a much lower cost. 

If the quality was the same then no one would go to the hospital and there would be too much demand for these clinics to handle, thus having to raise the price to balance out supply and demand. There is no demand for these clinics for a reason, thus leaving the price to stay low to try and increase demand. Unfortunately that's the sad truth, I can see clinics being a bit cheaper anything at a significant discount isn't going to be as good.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tropposurfer said:

Bangkok Dental Spa, Soi 19 SUKHUMVIT (same street as T21 - Asok BTS

Dr Lily Poncheron ... superb. I won't go to anyone else.

https://bangkokdentalspa.com/

She rebuilt almost my entire mouth, in my past life only minimally tended, and somewhat neglected.

Never an issue with anything she has done, every piece of work has lasted perfectly, annoying sporadic molar pains no longer (never had any of my wisdoms out previously in life), perfect natural smile, fantastic implants, entire front teeth crowned (top & bottom), all old amalgam filling removed and gold fused-porcelain ones installed. She is a Master dentist, speaks good English (has served ... exclusively ... falangs for many years in her Sukhumvit practice).  

Tell her Philip referred you????

How long has this lasted?

Going since 6 years to Chulalongkorn Dental hospital and very satisfied with their work.

You have two options:

1. using the regular service (costly, but still effective and not expensive compared to private hospitals)

2. using the student treatment (which I always did) where you just pay the cost of materials and imaging such as xray or CT. Depending on your diagnosis you will be treated by undergraduate or graduate students under control of their supervisor. Only thing you need for this is time, because one session takes about half day and appointments are sometimes not easy to get

Thaniya Dental Clinic is located in Thaniya Plaza Building which is the center of business area! 02-231-2124 or 089-813-6672
Doctor Somchai.

His coworker does the root canals (I forget name) and she is the best I've ever encountered. I've 9 root canals done by her on my tiny teeth (I'm serious. My teeth are tiny) and she's always gotten it done and her anesthetic injections are so gentle.

Good Luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...