Where can you attend English speaking buddhist church service in Bangkok?

Goodboybkk

32 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Hmm … my guess is rare. I am only aware of Buddhist programs in English that you can attend here in Chiang Mai.

Google, “https://www.google.com/search?q=chiang+mai%2C+buddhist+training+in+english&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari”. It has been pre-Civid since I investigated.

The wat opposite suan dok hospital in CM  had pre COVID some English language activities to introduce foreigners to Buddhism.

Various Wats have meditation courses but they usually involve multi day stays in the wat.

As for christian like church services nothing I m not aware of anything similar in English or Thai.

14 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do Buddhists even have something equivalent to a "church service" I know the monks get up early and chant, but while my wife would go to the temple to pray to the Buddha I never saw anything resembling a "service".

Yeah, I think they get all the teachings when they are young, then just go to make merit.  Maybe some monks have TV or Facebook broadcasts where they tell people how to live, or people ordain and get some teaching that way.

They have some sort of gathering quasi churchish every morning @ 06:30 at the local village wat.

people bring food, drinks and give to the wat. Monks eat during the ceremony and I’m told the food

and such also helps needy families.. ..
I’ve been many times but they don’t speak English…

20 hours ago, DJ54 said:

They have some sort of gathering quasi churchish every morning @ 06:30 at the local village wat.

people bring food, drinks and give to the wat. Monks eat during the ceremony and I’m told the food

and such also helps needy families.. ..
I’ve been many times but they don’t speak English…

Normally , this takes place after the monks have already completed their door to door alms round. Once the votive offerings are collected the monks return to the temple and eat from the offerings. What is left over is then given to the village poor. Wife gives every morning and receives her benediction. Usually , it acts like my alarm clock.