India Visa for UK Passport holder - Pattaya travel agent option?

I understand that UK passport holders are yet to be included in the Indian government eVisa scheme. Most countries were re-instated following covid restrictions but that has not, so far, included those with UK passports.

https://www.thetravelmagazine.net/qa-im-a-british-citizen-why-cant-i-get-an-evisa-to-travel-to-india/

I believe that an application via VFS at Trendy in Bangkok is the only current option (is that correct?), or does anyone know of a Pattaya based travel agent that can offer this service?

19 minutes ago, PPGuy said:

I believe that an application via VFS at Trendy in Bangkok is the only current option

Regular sticker visa has to be applied on the Indian Governments site.

Then print the filled in form, attach copies of supporting documents, this can be sent by Thailand Post to their Trendy Office.

Fee has to be deposited in their bank account.

Since the pandemic they started accepting postal applications.

Application form here -  https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/

Edited by DrJoy
  • Like 1

Hope you got your visa. I had a torrid time dealing with VFS Chiang Mai and had to submit a second time and along the way was asked for such things as drivers licence, chanote, wife's ID card and bank statement but eventually was granted the visa with providing only the chanote.

One beauty was towards the end of the form they ask for something like contact person and I put the other half but the wonders of VFS insisted this has to be the first hotel I stay at in India. Who would have thought.

12 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Hope you got your visa. I had a torrid time dealing with VFS Chiang Mai and had to submit a second time and along the way was asked for such things as drivers licence, chanote, wife's ID card and bank statement but eventually was granted the visa with providing only the chanote.

One beauty was towards the end of the form they ask for something like contact person and I put the other half but the wonders of VFS insisted this has to be the first hotel I stay at in India. Who would have thought.

Thanks for your comment. Luckily my reason for needing to travel at this time disappeared but not before having a go at filling in the visa application form. Had a problem getting it printed and contacted VFS for their assistance. This was about a week back - still waiting for any response from them!! But have moved on from that. Sounds like I avoided additional heartaches further into the application process...

Had applied for a few eVisas 3/4 years back with no problem but UK are now off the list (one of only a very few countries) due to quid pro quo issues on UK visas for Indians...... Maybe Sunak can get this sorted!!

Been working in/traveling to India since 1999 and the need to surmount any number of hurdles never fails. My company has just concluded a Supreme Court case after going through the many appeal levels for the past 20 years. An absolute nightmare. Now having issues with our local bankers and having to get RBI assistance to resolve. Still not there yet. Paying a fortune to local advisors - the system certainly benefits them, so no desire to change the process. The hardest part is explaining all this to my UK company!!

Edited by PPGuy

10 hours ago, Mahseer said:

U.K. now have e visa privileges restored so no more VFS visits.

Thanks for that update.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/travel/travel-news/india-restores-e-visa-facility-for-british-passport-holders/articleshow/96024317.cms

I did a quick check on the application form and see that. on the one I looked at, the citizenship option still excludes UK, but not country of Birth which always has had UK as an option. The article does say that an upgrade is under process. My experience of India government IT issues is that this may take a bit of time.......

Good news anyway.

Just an update. I completed the eVisa application yesterday (8th) after seeing that the UK had been added as per the press reports (thanks @Mahseer). Had a few missteps in both the downloading files and payment process. Eventually completed all the steps and the eVisa popped into my inbox this morning.

Went for a 1 year tourist visa. Cost was $41 which compared rather favourably with the normal visa fee (around Bt5,500) not to mention the hassle and expense of a trip to VFS in Bangkok.

So, good timing by the Indian government to allow us Brits onto the eVisa scheme. Likely headed to India in the coming weeks. Can't wait.......:whistling:

Yes excellent news e visas are restored as are previously issued and still valid 5 years e visas which had been suspended. I still have 2 years to run so happy days. 

Where you off to? I'm just finishing off a month in India and just a heads up to check air quality before committing to a location. Agra, Varanasi & Jodhpur all had lousy but tolerable quality (150-170) which required a mask at times but spent the past 10 days in the north east where air has been splendid.

Enjoy India.

7 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Yes excellent news e visas are restored as are previously issued and still valid 5 years e visas which had been suspended. I still have 2 years to run so happy days. 

Where you off to? I'm just finishing off a month in India and just a heads up to check air quality before committing to a location. Agra, Varanasi & Jodhpur all had lousy but tolerable quality (150-170) which required a mask at times but spent the past 10 days in the north east where air has been splendid.

Enjoy India.

Headed to Ahmedabad and Vadodara for work related issued. Not the most scenic part of India but may have time for a couple of days to Goa, except likely to be inundated with fleeing Russians so may look to go elsewhere.

Not the season, just now, but have been watching the youtuber, Riding with Gavi, and his recent trip to Northern India was quite impressive.

Thanks again.