Early voting begins in some Georgia counties as Warnock and Walker sprint to December 6 runoff

Scott

photo-1540910419892-4a36d2c3266c?ixlib=r

A week-long early voting period begins Saturday in some Georgia counties as Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock and Republican challenger Herschel Walker enter a week-and-a-half, post-Thanksgiving sprint to their December 6 runoff election.

Unlike the 2021 runoffs, control of the Senate is not on the line, with Democrats having won 50 seats already and Vice President Kamala Harris giving the party a tie-breaking vote.

However, the stakes remain high: A Warnock victory would give Democrats the majority outright, rather than requiring the power-sharing agreement that is now in place.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/26/politics/georgia-runoff-early-voting-starts/index.html

CNN.jpg

I can't wait for Walker to disappear from the news.  it's embarrassing to see him in the news babbling like a brain-damaged fool.

Maybe, aside from this candidate stuff, it will raise some sort of awareness of the potential for brain damage in American football, but I don't see that affecting the sport as too much money is involved in it.

I would like to see the slime that put him up to this taken to task.

They tried something like this a few years ago in S. Carolina, they put a guy who was even worse than Walker to run against James Clyburn.  Someone on tv tried to interview him, and all he could get was one-word answers.  E.g.:

Q: So you're running for The Senate?

A: Yes.   (followed by silence)

Chris Rock made a movie called Head of State (a comedy, of course) about a similar situation, I'm surprised no one in the news has made a comparison.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I can't wait for Walker to disappear from the news.  it's embarrassing to see him in the news babbling like a brain-damaged fool.

Maybe, aside from this candidate stuff, it will raise some sort of awareness of the potential for brain damage in American football, but I don't see that affecting the sport as too much money is involved in it.

I would like to see the slime that put him up to this taken to task.

They tried something like this a few years ago in S. Carolina, they put a guy who was even worse than Walker to run against James Clyburn.  Someone on tv tried to interview him, and all he could get was one-word answers.  E.g.:

Q: So you're running for The Senate?

A: Yes.   (followed by silence)

Chris Rock made a movie called Head of State (a comedy, of course) about a similar situation, I'm surprised no one in the news has made a comparison.

Peter Sellars made a good one - Being There - his last before he passed away.

• Thumbs Up 1

Herschel Walker, a Republican running for a U.S. Senate seat in Georgia, will "probably go down as one of the worst candidates in our party's history," Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan (R) said in an interview with CBS News.

What he said: Duncan told CBS he supports conservative politics, and that he has "got kids probably that could articulate the conservative platform better than some of the candidates that Donald Trump and his group supported all across the country."

"This wasn't the right brand for Republicanism," he added, "and I think Herschel Walker will probably go down as one of the worst candidates in our party's history."

https://www.axios.com/2022/12/03/herschel-walker-georgia-runoff-geoff-duncan

• Like 2

Naturally the The Georgia Republican Party, the National Republican Senatorial Committee and the Republican National Committee did there best to prevent voters from being given easy Saturday access to casting their vote:

Thankfully their efforts to hinder voting access failed. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/republicans-try-to-stop-saturday-voting-in-ga-senate-runoff-raphael-warnock-herschel-walker/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Your comments on Brexit suggest otherwise.......................

“In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

But before you go wandering too far off topic, you do know how a run-off arises don’t you?

*Deleted post edited out*

It might be actually. Remember, he played football for a long time. Probably more than one undiagnosed concussion during his career, along with the usual physical demands of the sport. 

Edited by Scott

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

It might be actually. Remember, he played football for a long time. Probably more than one undiagnosed concussion during his career, along with the usual physical demands of the sport. 

That's a fair point. But those kind of injuries are global brainwise,  not localized. I don't think there's a way to come back from them.

Warnock heads into Georgia runoff with head of steam

Republicans are hoping for a surprise in the closely divided state, but their mood has turned grim about Herschel Walker's chances.

-----------------------------------

The weather report also looks grim for Republicans: Rain is forecast across Georgia on Tuesday. The GOP is relying heavily on Election Day turnout — and already struggling to motivate voters to go to the polls for the second time in a month.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/12/05/warnock-walker-georgia-senate-runoff-2022-00072147

• Like 1