Source for Michelin Motorcycle Tyres in Bangkok?

pseudorabies

I've just completed a Mae Sot to Mae Hong Son to Chiang Mai ride and have decided that it's time to ditch the (barely) mediocre OEM Bridgestones on my Kawasaki Versys 1K.  I've had very good experiences with Michelin's Pilot Road series on my other bikes over the last 15 years and want to stick with them.  For reasons that I don't understand the Kawasaki dealership where I bought and service the bike is unable to order Michelins.  Does anyone know of any shops, dealers etc in Bangkok who stock, sell or can order Michelin motorcycle/"big bike" tyres?

Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Thanks.  I've sent 29 Tire a Line message and am waiting for them to reply.  I've been here for two years and haven't yet come across 29 Tire so I look forward to checking out their shop when I visit.

I've never tried riding on Dunlops.  I had a Versys 650 back in the states and the stock Bridgestones were fine and never slid for me on pavement even when ridden hard. Same for my ZRX.  Since buying the Versys 1000 the stock Bridgestones have routinely underperformed and slid on me many times under normal cornering on dry pavement.  At this point I want to go with a tire that I have experience with to serve as a reference point.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 5:34 PM, pseudorabies said:

Thanks.  I've sent 29 Tire a Line message and am waiting for them to reply.  I've been here for two years and haven't yet come across 29 Tire so I look forward to checking out their shop when I visit.

I've never tried riding on Dunlops.  I had a Versys 650 back in the states and the stock Bridgestones were fine and never slid for me on pavement even when ridden hard. Same for my ZRX.  Since buying the Versys 1000 the stock Bridgestones have routinely underperformed and slid on me many times under normal cornering on dry pavement.  At this point I want to go with a tire that I have experience with to serve as a reference point.

650 then 1000 your fault,  thank Bridgestones for the warning.

On 12/12/2022 at 6:39 PM, Kwasaki said:

650 then 1000 your fault,  thank Bridgestones for the warning.

What exactly is my fault? Please share your wisdom

And to those who recommended 29 Tires - Thank You.  Very good service and I can see why they are so popular.  The owner ordered the tires at 1pm and by 4pm they were on the bike.  I couldn't have done a better job myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pseudorabies said:

What exactly is my fault? Please share your wisdom

And to those who recommended 29 Tires - Thank You.  Very good service and I can see why they are so popular.  The owner ordered the tires at 1pm and by 4pm they were on the bike.  I couldn't have done a better job myself.

Never mind if you don't understand, don't matter..

If your happy with your tyres your good to go.