BTS Asok - then walk to soi 31 - which exit?

henrik2000

Hello, several people coming from various directions want to meet at SkyTrain BTS Asok and then walk or taxi a little further east to soi 31.  We are not sure at which BTS Asok exit we should meet.

We want to meet at an exit  just one floor above street level, go down and decide whether we should walk or taxi. None of us is there now.

For the life of me, I can't research online if we should use exit number 3 or exit number 6. Maybe exit number 3 goes straight into Terminal 21 shopping center? So exit number 6 is the correct one to arrive straight at street level and have taxis on our hands? 

Or inside BTS Asok, above street level, can you cross soi Asok walking East by "skywalk" and go down to street level only east of soi Asok (where you are very close to soi Cowboy; not near soi 16 on the southern side of Sukhumvit)? If yes, how could that exit (after the "skywalk" across Asok) be clearly described to partipants?

Even though I studied various area guides and stuff - including the official BTS one (below) that has South on top and North in the bottom area ???? - I am unsure and would love your local intel. 

The time would be about 7 pm. Would taxis be available? Traffic no complete mess? (We also have Grab, Bolt, won't use motorcycle taxis.)

Thanks! 

240662142128StationAreamap@website_E4_Dr

PS. Aware that we could meet at Phrom Pong station and walk back West a little bit; but if we decided on a taxi, Phrom Pong would be more complicated because of traffic directions. Aware that some people might object to taking a taxi on a short trip like that all together.

Hi all, thanks for your input.

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

d meet at the end of the walkway that leads to Interchange Tower as far east as you can get without dropping to street level.

I think the BTS signage actually shows it as Interchange Tower exit.

That sounds like the best solution. Only how to describe it unmistakably, I'm not sure. Let's hope it's marked as Interchange tower, as you say.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Just send them a map, X marks the spot ???? 

The walkway goes across the main Asoke junction so they can't really go far wrong. But...

I have friends who could get lost in a squash-court. ...

Thanks for the red "X" from Mr Crossy, of all names!

Well i will follow your advice, even if i also know people as you describe them (don't need to look far for that).

Again i can't believe that they put the South in the upper half of the map; but if we meet in the middle of the walkway (as your "X" rightly suggests) (on the equator, so to speak), the swapped "hemispheres" are not a problem. 

If you never hear again from me on this forum, the squash-court proved to confusing.

• Haha 1

Head towards the upper end Sukhumvit Exit and meet at the walkway which crosses Asoke intersection.

You could all meet near the Bangkok Bank ATM on that walkway or walk along and meet at the Citibank exit point at the top of those stairs,  but still on the walkway. 

• Like 1

All I can say is thank goodness I don't need to have to get my head around the Bangkok public transport system in my daily life! I only just about managed to get my head around the London public transport system after living there for a total of nearly 40 years before moving out here!????

• Like 1

at 7pm on a weekday, the traffic on sukhumvit is extremely heavy.  in both directions but even worse in the direction you are looking to travel via taxi.  i'm not sure how far into soi 31 you are going or if traveling with bags, etc..  i'd walk if possible.  you'll likely get to where you are going quicker that way.  but no air con !!

and be aware at your meeting spot, one side is 'interchange' tower and the other side is 'exchange' tower.  i've told people to meet me at interchange before and they end up at exchange.

• Like 2

Hi all, thanks again for all good support! We had a smooth meeting between Interchange and Exchange and an ensuing hike down Sukhumvit. Yes traffic was heavy (even on the pedestrian course). Thais didn't request a taxi and it didn't rain (yet), so walking was okay (and would have been a little easier from Phrom Pong, I know).

Later we had BTS and SkyTrain to Nonthaburi, changing transport and ticket systems roughly 5 times. Even within the MRT alone there are various multitravel cards. Even locals agreed, as did the MRT staffer, it's not manageble for a mere alone tourist, so on my own I sadly must use taxi/Bolt/Grab on that route.

Anyway thanks again for your help, helping to smoothly start a nice evening out with a diverse group.

• Like 1