Tourist reunited with 38K diamond ring after she drops it in the sea - Mangorn Chonburi rescue saves day

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that rescue services known as Mangkorn Chonburi (Dragon Chonburi) were called after a Thai female tourist dropped her diamond ring in the sea.

It happened behind Bike Park Cafe in Samed, Muang district.

Punya Wiwat, 54, said she had gone to the cafe to have a coffee with friends.

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

One of her pals had remarked on the beauty of her 38,000 baht ring so she handed it over for inspection only to drop it in the sea by accident.

Rescue service divers managed to find it in 30 minutes and owner and ring were reunited. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-11-30

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

There goes the Insurance claim. Pesky do gooders, finding the fake copy of the ring.

How come her friends never saw the ring prior to standing next to the water

On one of my honeymoons in Mexico my new bride went for a swim in the Pacific an hour after landing; her wedding ring fell off.  I borrowed a metal detector & searched for hours in vain.  The police report was sufficient to ensure our insurance paid for a better ring.