50-year-old man crushed to death by excavator in Sattahip

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Sattahip, Chonburi — A 50-year-old man in Sattahip met his demise after falling off his excavator and getting crushed to death.

Yesterday, November 30th, around 3 PM Sattahip police were notified of a tragic accident in Soi Hoop Khao Sawan in the Bang Saray subdistrict, Sattahip, and went to investigate the incident scene.

The victim, 50-year-old Mr. Atthaphon Thongnak, was stuck tightly beneath an overturned excavator. He was lying upside down in the dirt, according to police. The victim was pronounced deceased at the scene.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/01/50-year-old-man-crushed-to-death-by-excavator-in-sattahip/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-12-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Another tragic accident that need not have happened. If a seat belt was fitted, along with a door, and he wore the belt with the door closed..........Easy to say after the event I suppose, probably done it a thousand times before...

R.I.P.

• Like 2

Just now, AhFarangJa said:

Another tragic accident that need not have happened. If a seat belt was fitted, along with a door, and he wore the belt with the door closed..........Easy to say after the event I suppose, probably done it a thousand times before...

R.I.P.

Do drivers of these types of vehicles ever wear seat belts... they have to move around a lot. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Do drivers of these types of vehicles ever wear seat belts... they have to move around a lot. 

I do not know about here, but I have used lap belts before in cabs, also in fork lifts. Though, I admit, only in small machines, not large ones. A lap belt does not hinder movement as much.

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2022 at 10:40 AM, jacko45k said:

yes they are mandatory in most OHS conscious countries, and No, such machinery requires little more than foot and joystick to operate. movement.