Appeals court halts special master review of Mar-a-Lago documents

Scott

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

Two of the three judges were Trump appointees.

The third judge was Republican William Pryor who was nominated by POTUS G.W. Bush but initially installed in 2004 as circuit Court Judge. In 2005 he was confirmed to the Eleventh Circuit.

Seems Trump will win if he can keep adding roadblocks and delays until the Republicans take control of the house in January. Unless, of course, there are ten or more Republicans that believe in law and order.

9 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I am STILL waiting for justice to be applied equally to all. The same law that should keep him from running SHOULD have prevented Hillary from running in 2016, but there you go, that didn't even slow her down.

Strange, isn't it. So many people in the USA and the best candidates they could come up with were Mrs Clinton and Trump. And that the only person in America who couldn't stand for President was the President.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

Seems Trump will win if he can keep adding roadblocks and delays until the Republicans take control of the house in January. Unless, of course, there are ten or more Republicans that believe in law and order.

What happens in Congress is irrelevant to what happens in the Justice Dept and in the Court system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, placeholder said:

What happens in Congress is irrelevant to what happens in the Justice Dept and in the Court system.

Except if the republicans declare it a witch hunt and tell the justice Depot to stop. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

You do know that the justice department reports to the attorney general and that the attorneys general are elected? There is nothing independent about that. 

A Republican Congress can impeach an AG and remove him from office, replacing him with a more amenable officer. 

I sincerely hope that you are not an American. Attorneys General are not elected. They are nominated by the President and approved of (or not)  by the Senate.

Also, it's clear you understand what impeachment means. It's analogous to "indicted". The House impeaches and the Senate gets to convict or acquit. The Senate is where the trial takes place. It takes at least 2/3 of the Senate to vote in favor of conviction for a cabinet officer to be convicted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

I sincerely hope that you are not an American. Attorneys General are not elected. They are nominated by the President and approved of (or not)  by the Senate.

Also, it's clear you understand what impeachment means. It's analogous to "indicted". The House impeaches and the Senate gets to convict or acquit. The Senate is where the trial takes place. It takes at least 2/3 of the Senate to vote in favor of conviction for a cabinet officer to be convicted.

What's clear is that I need to proofread what I write. I meant to write "Also, it's clear you don't understand...."

Here's an excellent article about the decision. It shows what an awful audge Aileen Cannon is.

Judge Aileen Cannon’s Reign of Error Is Over
The Trump-appointed judge, who tried to do the former president a favor in the Mar-a-Lago affair, received a stern correction from the Eleventh Circuit.

https://newrepublic.com/article/169290/trump-aileen-cannon-eleventh-circuit

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Poor Donald such a victim he’s out there nashing and wailing his victim hood makes me want to cry like a 5 yo that just dropped his ice cream cone .after all he only got 400 million and a bunch of rentals from da da how’s a guy gonna get by on that lmao now he’s calling out to abolish the constitution!ha ha!

• Like 2

On 12/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, Tropposurfer said:

I think Trumps really in trouble this time. Letitia James is going for the throat and if his now released tax returns are open to her investigation Trump could be had on Rico charges which is a decades long confinement should he be found guilty and given a charge and conviction commensurate sentence.

I'm glad you put a "could be" in that. I expect nothing much to be found, given they were audited before, or are some claiming the IRS ignores crime?

• Thumbs Up 1

In a refreshing change, Trump's legal team apparently decided not to appeal the decision of the panel. Maybe there's only so much humiliation that even they can endure.

Trump's legal team will not appeal order to end Mar-a-Lago special master review: Report

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/trumps-legal-team-will-not-appeal-order-to-end-special-master

• Like 1

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

In a refreshing change, Trump's legal team apparently decided not to appeal the decision of the panel. Maybe there's only so much humiliation that even they can endure.

Trump's legal team will not appeal order to end Mar-a-Lago special master review: Report

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/trumps-legal-team-will-not-appeal-order-to-end-special-master

Lawyers who back former 45 are facing a campaign, launched by fellow members of the legal community, aimed at potentially disbarring these attorneys. They're not stupid, they see the handwriting on the wall.