Health Insurance (ACS) premiums increase.

phetphet

Male 64 y.o.

My health insurance provider (ACS) has just invoiced me for my annual cover from 1st January 2023. USD 4083  (GBP 3034)which is a 9% increase. I don't have out patient cover and have never claimed in five years. This will be my sixth year.

I realise health insurance is expensive, but the price is now getting ridiculous. So I was wondering if it might be possible to change to another provider at lower costs.

I seem to remember that ACS would only take me on prior to being sixty. Would it be difficult getting other providers to insure me being over sixty? Are they likely to be any cheaper? Bearing in mind I have never claimed.

What sort of premiums are others of similar age paying for similar cover?

TIA.

April International up to 70 for new policy. Based on my age and just renewed premium your premium (subject to medical history) should be less than your current quoted. 

Quite a few I believe no issue before 65.

If you contact AAInsure they will have a spreadsheet showing both International and Thai based Health Insurance providers and their premium bandings at different ages. Other brokers may offer similar.......

• Like 1

I was in your situation once carry ACS,  for 5 years covered my son the attraction Covers in USD so you are getting much more than your normal Thai policy. 

As you noted rain or shine it just goes up and up regardless. 

After I just got tired and left for actually less coverage in over 15 years never needed to make a claim. 

You will find a few but less premium but coverage is much less!   Even no no health problems some required a physical be prepared 6500 .-8000 baht

If they do cover you like ACS be put into a bracket for prices won't cancel but the premium will also continue to go up until you get to the point you leave. 

It is nearly all the same big rip off here advertised inexpensive but find print they just don't want to pay out when you need it most

• Like 2

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

My health insurance provider (ACS) has just invoiced me for my annual cover from 1st January 2023. USD 4083  (GBP 3034)which is a 9% increase

I am 50, and got a 20% hike from ACS for 2023 premium (without OPD).

2022 also got a 20% whack. never had any claims so far.

I am also looking alternatives

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, hakancnx said:

Agree on checking WrLife;

https://www.wrlife.net/medicalStep1.php

Quote done on line with Very little information needed. Instant quote. My was 65 cover 400,000usd cover just impatient but does cover out patients upto 30 days after.my premium is £38 month.. worth a look but have not claimed only just took out. So time will tell.

21 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

WRLife are certainly competitively priced and make guarantees about future premium increases. As a new entrant in the market they have their doubters, and you'll find a thread all about them on this Forum.

https://www.wrlife.net/

I received some information from them.  But they did not answer the questions I had asked.

Anyway reading through their information it states that any year you have a claim your policy goes up 3%.  If no claim your policy does not increase. So if you have claims several years in a row it could increase quite a bit.

Pacific Cross, for example, if you have no claims you get a 10% discount the following year.

20 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

Quote done on line with Very little information needed. Instant quote. My was 65 cover 400,000usd cover just impatient but does cover out patients upto 30 days after.my premium is £38 month.. worth a look but have not claimed only just took out. So time will tell.

But on line if you decide to get their policy you have to pay first and then see what they are going to exclude.  I sent them a message asking if it was possible to see my actual policy before paying.  They just sent the same generic stuff available on their web site.

9 hours ago, rwill said:

But on line if you decide to get their policy you have to pay first and then see what they are going to exclude.  I sent them a message asking if it was possible to see my actual policy before paying.  They just sent the same generic stuff available on their web site.

16700773582611699901036903648973.jpg