Lazada at it again

Russell17au

2 minutes ago, fdsa said:

file unavailable

It only says something like (in the email)

Dear Valued Customer,

Greetings! We are pleased to enclose your e-Invoice/e-Receipt herein for your perusal.

This e-Invoice/e-Receipt is issued to acknowledge that the shipping payment for the order xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  has been received.

Thank you and have a great day ahead.

And in the PDF attached

Page1of1
This e-receipt is prepared by Lazada Express Limited and submitted electronically to the Revenue Department.
เอกสารนี้ได้จัดทําและส่งข้อมูลให้แก่กรมสรรพากรด้วยวิธีการทางอิเล็กทรอนิกส์แล้ว
Please carefully check the document and any amendment can be requested within 15 days. Otherwise, this e-receipt shall be deemed
complete and accurate for submission.
โปรดตรวจสอบความถูกต้องของรายการในเอกสารฉบับนี้ภายใน 15 วัน มิฉะนั้นบริษัทฯ จะถือว่าเอกสารฉบับนี้ถูกต้องและสมบูรณ์
ลําดับ
Item
รายการ
Description
จํานวนเงิน
Amount
1 Shipping fee for Package xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 47.00
คูปอง/ส่วนลด Coupon/Discount 0.00
คูปองเงินสด Store Credit 0.00
ยอดชําระ Net paid 47.00

Edited by MJCM
SpElLiNg

14 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Are you sure it was from Lazada? just sounds like yet another phishing scam

In my case the emails were definitely direct from Lazada, name was right address also phone number also order number as well matched to a recent Debit / CC order which was recently delivered

14 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

Reads as an e-receipt acknowledging/verifying payment for items ordered & received....

But only listed the Shipping costs in my case. (47 and 38 THB) when the items in total were 1000+ and 900+ they were NOT listed

Edit: Again only received the emails for Orders Paid by Debit / CC not for orders paid by COD.

Edit 2: Here a screenshot of the PDF

lazada_pdf.JPG.29025a35c1d1320c53e6a4601c518f02.JPG

Edited by MJCM

The problem with COD is one has to be present to pay when the goods are delivered, which in most cases is inconvenient for me.

I pay in advance. The most I pay is 1500 baht on a purchase. I have never had an issue with Lazada or a seller buying that way.

If the OP is having continuing glitches with Lazada on a COD basis, perhaps he should consider changing, so "at it again" is no longer an irritant.

Got 3 today. Something about shipping. I pay 95% with credit card and the others with bank transfer. No C.O.D. Discarded it without a second thought...until saw this thread. Still no idea what the "eff" they are. 

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there.....

I inquired to a vendor about the amount of their shipping fee.....

They responded that the shipping fees were set & collected by Lazada.....

It's reasonable to assume that this is a very lucrative revenue stream for Lazada, it's entirely possible they are now complying with some newly imposed legal requirements for taxation purposes .....

Given the international scope of their operation....

The buy/sell rate/profit on the shipping must amount to many millions of $$$$ on any given day....

Some companies provide tax/VAT invoices, which comes in useful for accounting purposes if you're a Thai Co. Ltd. & pay tax - for Joe Doe ordering stuff, it's pretty useless. Nothing to do with spam, phishing, "Lazada f*çked up again" or any of that. Pretty straight forward business stuff. 

On a side note, it's absolutely useless to do COD, unless you don't have a THB charge (debit/credit) card. I've ordered tons of stuff; a few times what I received wasn't correct or broken, and I sent it back and always got the full payment returned within a short time. 100%.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 3:52 PM, Russell17au said:

Mine was a COD and according to Lazada Customer Service it is a receipt for the delivery fee only. They say it is a new service

"...according to Lazada Customer Service it is a receipt for the delivery fee only. They say it is a new service.

So what is your question, then?

"Lazada at it again"

Thaivisa member at it again

17 hours ago, AsiaCheese said:

Some companies provide tax/VAT invoices, which comes in useful for accounting purposes if you're a Thai Co. Ltd. & pay tax - for Joe Doe ordering stuff, it's pretty useless. Nothing to do with spam, phishing, "Lazada f*çked up again" or any of that. Pretty straight forward business stuff. 

On a side note, it's absolutely useless to do COD, unless you don't have a THB charge (debit/credit) card. I've ordered tons of stuff; a few times what I received wasn't correct or broken, and I sent it back and always got the full payment returned within a short time. 100%.

C'mon, c'mon, you're being sensible and rational, don't spoil the gratuitous, Lazada-bashing OP!

• Haha 1

On 12/2/2022 at 5:39 PM, HappyExpat57 said:

EVERY damned day I get emails warning me that someone tried accessing my Facebook account and to click on a link to fix it. The sender is always gobbletygook @ moregobbletygook dot com. Scammers, scammers everywhere, as far as the eye can see.

Some bar steward got me and I am now in Facebook jail while the <deleted> is still spamming my Faceache account.

To add insult to injury, Faceache will not accept my mobile number as "it is already in use".

• Haha 1