driving on the motorway

flexomike

13 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Where's the video. 

It's actually a good read.

I'm especially impressed with the definition (on page 1) of an automobile as any engine powered vehicle with 3 or more wheels.  And the definition of a motorcycle as anything with only 2 wheels, except when it has an additional wheel for a sidecar, being 3 wheels.:coffee1:

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And motorway can be quite stressful if you follow any keep left rules.

You will be passed on the right, you will be passed on the left. Lane change is an adventure.

Do like the pros: rightmost lane, 120. Don't care about approaching Ferraris. They will zigzag their fast track somehow.

And when the fast approaching tosser behind you flashes his lights to tell you to get out of the way, activate your right-hand indicator.:coffee1:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And motorway can be quite stressful if you follow any keep left rules.

You will be passed on the right, you will be passed on the left. Lane change is an adventure.

Do like the pros: rightmost lane, 120. Don't care about approaching Ferraris. They will zigzag their fast track somehow.

Many Thai drivers like to stick to one lane I find, middle or outside in most cases. 

Coming up behind cars trucks on my bike you must have to be aware of someone being observant ???? and moving to the left,  it comes as a surprise sometimes and repositioning is required.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

And when the fast approaching tosser behind you flashes his lights to tell you to get out of the way, activate your right-hand indicator.:coffee1:

Unlikely that he will.

And the finger can cost your health or life.

Same reason the racers won't flash. They don't know that you are a farang and have no caliber 0.38 at hand.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

It's actually a good read.

I'm especially impressed with the definition (on page 1) of an automobile as any engine powered vehicle with 3 or more wheels.  And the definition of a motorcycle as anything with only 2 wheels, except when it has an additional wheel for a sidecar, being 3 wheels.:coffee1:

Did you get to the 12 wheeler vehicle part, that's riveting. ????

It's also worth noting that some roads are now posting minimum speeds for certain lanes, AH1 (Route 32) north of BKK

image.png.6e8b659aa87089437e57e2c746a16385.png

I don't go up there very often but seem to remember having this sign illuminate over my lane for going too SLOWLY!

image.png.a3b4aaee556090caaf0a50f21879ba9c.png

13 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Yes same 120 on all 4 lanes

As a general rule for such a motorway.

But as mentioned, all along motorway #7 there are electronic signs that set max speed per lane. I seen 120 - 100 - 80 - ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

But as mentioned, all along motorway #7 there are electronic signs that set max speed per lane. I seen 120 - 100 - 80 - ?

If you mean the overhead gantry ones they appear to be directed at the max speed for specific types of vehicles. 

Often there are flashing 90 signs on the side/middle of the 7 which just seem to get ignored. There are also 90 signs inside a red circle now on the stretch from the tollbooths at Pattaya to the newish Maptahut junction.

27 minutes ago, topt said:

If you mean the overhead gantry ones they appear to be directed at the max speed for specific types of vehicles. 

Often there are flashing 90 signs on the side/middle of the 7 which just seem to get ignored. There are also 90 signs inside a red circle now on the stretch from the tollbooths at Pattaya to the newish Maptahut junction.

Ignore those 90 signs at your peril! ????

I picked a ticket up in Chachoengsao and a late night one on the Pattaya to Jomtein stretch.

• Thumbs Up 1