Jump to content

Mukdahan parking at Friendship bridge / Non O Savanakhett


Recommended Posts

Is this still available on the left as you drive into the bridge entrance?

 

Going to do a Non O next week, would anyone suggest days to do this or avoid? i assume Monday and Thursday busiest?

 

Are there any holidays next week the embassy may be closed on?

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The parking area you mentioned is open according to earlier reports.

Monday and Thursday probably is the busiest days.

Next Monday is a Thai holiday it is not shown on the consulates list.

See: https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/page/105998-วันหยุดราชการ-official-holidays?menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400450c

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the covered parking on the left when traveling toward the border check point just near the Nicha shipping co. office.  I do not remember the cost for 1 nights but it was reasonable (not 250 baht), but that was 3 months ago. 😊

 

I arrived there at about 10:00am, cleared Thai immigration, bused across, cleared Laos immigration and took a van to the Thai consulate where I turned in my application an passport with about 15 minutes to remain before closing that morning (I was sweating it sitting there waiting for the bridge bus). Picked up my passport the next day and headed back toward Bangkok. (overnight in Yasothon).

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The parking area you mentioned is open according to earlier reports.

Monday and Thursday probably is the busiest days.

Next Monday is a Thai holiday it is not shown on the consulates list.

See: https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/page/105998-วันหยุดราชการ-official-holidays?menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400450c

Every monday seems to be a holiday these days....

 

Based on above it's likely to be busy every day next week.

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Every monday seems to be a holiday these days....

 

Based on above it's likely to be busy every day next week.

 

Thanks.

It won't because next Monday the 12th is also a holiday in Thailand. Constitution day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

It won't because next Monday the 12th is also a holiday in Thailand. Constitution day.

It is not on the holiday list that is on the Savannakhet consulate website. Open the link I posted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to butt in but in relation to savannakhet can you get a single entry non o based on retirement at the consulate? A lot of good experience learned on this forum saves making time consuming decisions many thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, supermac said:

Sorry to butt in but in relation to savannakhet can you get a single entry non o based on retirement at the consulate?

Yes you can.

See: https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visa-retirement-in-thailand?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453f

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

what are the operating hours of the bridge / immigration, 0800-1700?

As I recall, it is 06:00-22:00. However, you cannot get a visa on arrival for Laos during the early morning and late evening. The visa on arrival desk might be open a bit earlier, but can only be relied upon from 08:00. Similarly, there is real doubt as to whether a Laos visa on arrival would ve available after 18:00.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

As I recall, it is 06:00-22:00. However, you cannot get a visa on arrival for Laos during the early morning and late evening. The visa on arrival desk might be open a bit earlier, but can only be relied upon from 08:00. Similarly, there is real doubt as to whether a Laos visa on arrival would ve available after 18:00.

Thanks, should be of crossing between 3-4pm then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...