Tourism minister to present extended hours opening plan to cabinet today - 4 am in 8 areas

webfact

bbd8d2ea69cace6e5573fec9f2935c6f8ec49c32e551b5c11492eff830cc1ed6.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

Siam Rath reported that tourism and sports minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan will present a plan for extended opening hours for entertainment venues from 2 am to 4 am in eight areas at the cabinet meeting today.

This was billed by the minister as a New Year gift to the people and stimulating spending by foreign tourists.

It will apply to areas in Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi, Phangnga, Pattaya, Hua Hin and Koh Samui.

In addition Phase 5 of the Rao Thiaw Duay Kan (Let's travel together) stimulus scheme will be presented for a start in January.

This will set aside 5.4 billion baht for 1.5million opportunities to get 40% off hotel bills with people paying the remaining 60%.

In addition vouchers worth 600 baht for each room booking will be available should the plan get the green light.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-12-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Hallelujah! Now all the bar stool liars and heavy drinkers in the foreign society gets a couple of hours more to kill themselves a little bit quicker.

Not sure if it is meant to be funny or serious. Either way your comments seem in very poor taste to me.......:sad:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In addition Phase 5 of the Rao Thiaw Duay Kan (Let's travel together) stimulus scheme will be presented for a start in January.

This will set aside 5.4 billion baht for 1.5million opportunities to get 40% off hotel bills with people paying the remaining 60%.

In addition vouchers worth 600 baht for each room booking will be available should the plan get the green light.

Hasn't the Tourism Minister noticed that tourism has picked up very well in certain areas. I can't see many hotels in Phuket, for example, offering the big discounts they did to enter this scheme before, at least not until after Songkran,

2 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Chiang Mai??????

Mainly family tourists there I think ????. Such longer opening hours are an advantage for some. But many could suffer from more noise and other problems. Also, there needs to be special infrastructure for that time, like more police and other things.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, topt said:

Not sure if it is meant to be funny or serious. Either way your comments seem in very poor taste to me.......:sad:

Never said you have to like them. Don´t understand why you read them, though. Self-inflicted bad taste. Not a dream in my world.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Never said you have to like them. Don´t understand why you read them, though. Self-inflicted bad taste. Not a dream in my world.

Not taking your side but the answer is quite funny ( i will try to remember that one )

Thailand is like an octopus putting out tentacles to catch multiple differing tourists. One is out there looking for the rich, high dollar visitor, yet they open channels to the mostly penniless Russians and Indians, they waffle on about family friendly resorts, yet support drunken revelry until all hours. These categories are hardly co-simpatico..

• Like 1