Jump to content

Extension of stay - Retirement


Kopitiam
 Share

Recommended Posts

For extension of stay (retirement), there is a need to make a copy of your registration of address slip.

 

The photocopy office is now at the right hand side of the new car park within the compound.  This morning, the queue for photocopying was very long and I had to stand under the hot sun for 50 minutes to make copies of previous extensions and bankbook pages.

 

The ladies in Room 103 doing the photo taking were very slow.  Have to wait almost 45 minutes after been called into the room before exiting with the receipt and the pick up time for collecting the passport has been moved to 2pm the next day.

 

All in all, had to spend almost 3 hours in the morning to get the extension done (not including going to the bank).  Maybe it's a day after a public holiday (yesterday).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always make copies of everything, an let them chose what they want, BEFORE you arrive and never ever go on a monday or the first day after a holiday!!

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

First, you didn't bring the required copies that you knew you needed, your first mistake.

No mistake. Retirement extensions didn't previously require photocopies of the 'Receipt(s) Of Notification of Change of Address'. They do now as I found out in October this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

No mistake. Retirement extensions didn't previously require photocopies of the 'Receipt(s) Of Notification of Change of Address'. They do now as I found out in October this year.

What is this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

What is this?

? TM30 receipt

Mine is titled "RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION"

And below:

"HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION OF ALIEN'S ADDRESS FROM"

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

First, you didn't bring the required copies that you knew you needed, your first mistake. Second mistake is going after a long weekend without need. 

All in all - no pity from me

I wasn't looking for any pity from anyone.  You can keep yours for yourself.  I was trying to do expats living in Phuket on retirement extension a favour on the new requirement of making a copy of the "Receipt of Notification" (address).  I have no problem with the other required document.  I have all my document lined up and the lovely assistant from PSU even made the missing copy for me herself with the office copier.

  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

No mistake. Retirement extensions didn't previously require photocopies of the 'Receipt(s) Of Notification of Change of Address'. They do now as I found out in October this year.

OP wrote about "xopies of previous extensions and bankbook pages"  those were ALWAYS required.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

No mistake. Retirement extensions didn't previously require photocopies of the 'Receipt(s) Of Notification of Change of Address'. They do now as I found out in October this year.

 

Well. I made , my retirement extension in November. Never had to supply Notification of Address.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kopitiam said:
3 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

OP wrote about "xopies of previous extensions and bankbook pages"  those were ALWAYS required.

 

Agreed! The first sentence was; 'For extension of stay (retirement), there is a need to make a copy of your registration of address slip'. This I failed to do myself in October 2022 and was waved away back to the photostat machine outside the IO's office to obtain (and pay for of course), copies of my historical TM28 and TM30 receipts that were stapled inside my passport.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

 

Well. I made , my retirement extension in November. Never had to supply Notification of Address.

This (apparently, it isn't only me) additional requirement might not yet have filtered through to your Immigration Office or your particular Immigration Officer may not be aware (or even care). Up to you whether you make photocopies for next year's extension application or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

OP wrote about "xopies of previous extensions and bankbook pages"  those were ALWAYS required.

That was why I was in the queue.  It was at the document check that they "sprang" the new requirement on me.  Luckily the kind PSU assistant helped me out.  Otherwise, I had to go in the queue again. 

 

At the previous photocopy location, you have a roof over your head.  This new location, you are exposed to the elements while queuing.

  • Love It 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

That was why I was in the queue.  It was at the document check that they "sprang" the new requirement on me.  Luckily the kind PSU assistant helped me out.  Otherwise, I had to go in the queue again. 

Brilliant isn't it! In my case, neither the girl on the photocopy machine nor the document check Immigration Officer apparently knew of this extra requirement. I was part way through with the issuing IO before I was told to go get photocopies of these receipts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chiangmai Immigration has required a copy of one's TM30 receipt for several years for annual extensions.

And.....news to me.....they also required a copy of same (and even a copy of the TM47 receipt!) to get a

re-entry permit two weeks ago.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

Chiangmai Immigration has required a copy of one's TM30 receipt for several years for annual extensions.

And.....news to me.....they also required a copy of same (and even a copy of the TM47 receipt!) to get a

re-entry permit two weeks ago.

Thanks for that. Sounds like CM were already doing things 'correctly'. Can understand wanting a copy of our latest address notification but not previous ones (I was told to obtain photocopies of all). I could see the boss signing off my wad of paperwork and, as you might guess, he never turned any pages over. Taking copies of 90 day report receipts just takes the biscuit! We haven't got any choice, only thing to do is be prepared so that you don't get the runaround on the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

We haven't got any choice, only thing to do is be prepared so that you don't get the runaround on the day.

Exactly as, although it usually doesn't happen, once in a while they ask for something out of the blue.  A few years back, when I was renewing the annual extension based on retirement, the Immigration Officer demanded a copy of every filled-out page of my passport (including stamps from other countries).  I think she just wanted to take a break or something because she became very disappointed when I quickly produced the entire packet.  Same lady Immigration Officer who did my annual extension the year before without requesting any of that.

I only go to Immigration once a year and always have a load of documents with me.....just in case.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

the Immigration Officer demanded a copy of every filled-out page of my passport (including stamps from other countries). 

Wow! I've never gone prepared for that. Proves just about anything could happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

For many years Phuket Immigration demand photocopy every passport page incl entry card. Be honest my house registration 90 day is stapled in but I never open and copy. Guess I need do this next year. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

For many years Phuket Immigration demand photocopy every passport page incl entry card. Be honest my house registration 90 day is stapled in but I never open and copy. Guess I need do this next year. 

Shows how even for the same process each office can be different. Phuket may never ask but if you're prepared then you can't be caught out.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/6/2022 at 7:50 PM, Kopitiam said:

That was why I was in the queue.  It was at the document check that they "sprang" the new requirement on me.  Luckily the kind PSU assistant helped me out.  Otherwise, I had to go in the queue again. 

 

At the previous photocopy location, you have a roof over your head.  This new location, you are exposed to the elements while queuing.

Wear a hat

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...