Extension of stay - Retirement

Kopitiam

For extension of stay (retirement), there is a need to make a copy of your registration of address slip.

The photocopy office is now at the right hand side of the new car park within the compound.  This morning, the queue for photocopying was very long and I had to stand under the hot sun for 50 minutes to make copies of previous extensions and bankbook pages.

The ladies in Room 103 doing the photo taking were very slow.  Have to wait almost 45 minutes after been called into the room before exiting with the receipt and the pick up time for collecting the passport has been moved to 2pm the next day.

All in all, had to spend almost 3 hours in the morning to get the extension done (not including going to the bank).  Maybe it's a day after a public holiday (yesterday).

15 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

First, you didn't bring the required copies that you knew you needed, your first mistake.

No mistake. Retirement extensions didn't previously require photocopies of the 'Receipt(s) Of Notification of Change of Address'. They do now as I found out in October this year.

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

What is this?

? TM30 receipt

Mine is titled "RECEIPT OF NOTIFICATION"

And below:

"HAVE RECEIVED NOTIFICATION OF ALIEN'S ADDRESS FROM"

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

First, you didn't bring the required copies that you knew you needed, your first mistake. Second mistake is going after a long weekend without need. 

All in all - no pity from me

I wasn't looking for any pity from anyone.  You can keep yours for yourself.  I was trying to do expats living in Phuket on retirement extension a favour on the new requirement of making a copy of the "Receipt of Notification" (address).  I have no problem with the other required document.  I have all my document lined up and the lovely assistant from PSU even made the missing copy for me herself with the office copier.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

No mistake. Retirement extensions didn't previously require photocopies of the 'Receipt(s) Of Notification of Change of Address'. They do now as I found out in October this year.

OP wrote about "xopies of previous extensions and bankbook pages"  those were ALWAYS required.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fugitive said:

Well. I made , my retirement extension in November. Never had to supply Notification of Address.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kopitiam said:
3 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

OP wrote about "xopies of previous extensions and bankbook pages"  those were ALWAYS required.

Agreed! The first sentence was; 'For extension of stay (retirement), there is a need to make a copy of your registration of address slip'. This I failed to do myself in October 2022 and was waved away back to the photostat machine outside the IO's office to obtain (and pay for of course), copies of my historical TM28 and TM30 receipts that were stapled inside my passport.

7 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Well. I made , my retirement extension in November. Never had to supply Notification of Address.

This (apparently, it isn't only me) additional requirement might not yet have filtered through to your Immigration Office or your particular Immigration Officer may not be aware (or even care). Up to you whether you make photocopies for next year's extension application or not.

15 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

That was why I was in the queue.  It was at the document check that they "sprang" the new requirement on me.  Luckily the kind PSU assistant helped me out.  Otherwise, I had to go in the queue again. 

At the previous photocopy location, you have a roof over your head.  This new location, you are exposed to the elements while queuing.

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

That was why I was in the queue.  It was at the document check that they "sprang" the new requirement on me.  Luckily the kind PSU assistant helped me out.  Otherwise, I had to go in the queue again. 

Brilliant isn't it! In my case, neither the girl on the photocopy machine nor the document check Immigration Officer apparently knew of this extra requirement. I was part way through with the issuing IO before I was told to go get photocopies of these receipts. 

Chiangmai Immigration has required a copy of one's TM30 receipt for several years for annual extensions.

And.....news to me.....they also required a copy of same (and even a copy of the TM47 receipt!) to get a

re-entry permit two weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

Chiangmai Immigration has required a copy of one's TM30 receipt for several years for annual extensions.

And.....news to me.....they also required a copy of same (and even a copy of the TM47 receipt!) to get a

re-entry permit two weeks ago.

Thanks for that. Sounds like CM were already doing things 'correctly'. Can understand wanting a copy of our latest address notification but not previous ones (I was told to obtain photocopies of all). I could see the boss signing off my wad of paperwork and, as you might guess, he never turned any pages over. Taking copies of 90 day report receipts just takes the biscuit! We haven't got any choice, only thing to do is be prepared so that you don't get the runaround on the day.

4 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

We haven't got any choice, only thing to do is be prepared so that you don't get the runaround on the day.

Exactly as, although it usually doesn't happen, once in a while they ask for something out of the blue.  A few years back, when I was renewing the annual extension based on retirement, the Immigration Officer demanded a copy of every filled-out page of my passport (including stamps from other countries).  I think she just wanted to take a break or something because she became very disappointed when I quickly produced the entire packet.  Same lady Immigration Officer who did my annual extension the year before without requesting any of that.

I only go to Immigration once a year and always have a load of documents with me.....just in case.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

For many years Phuket Immigration demand photocopy every passport page incl entry card. Be honest my house registration 90 day is stapled in but I never open and copy. Guess I need do this next year. 

Shows how even for the same process each office can be different. Phuket may never ask but if you're prepared then you can't be caught out.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/6/2022 at 7:50 PM, Kopitiam said:

At the previous photocopy location, you have a roof over your head.  This new location, you are exposed to the elements while queuing.

Wear a hat