Sleep study in BKK

Elkski

Just thinking it maybe less expensive to pay out of pocket for a sleep study in BKK than with my health insurance in US.  I will be in BKK for travel. 

Anyone know the costs in BKK or USA?  I understand they can do a remote study or an overnight at their facility study.  With my insurance I would pay 30% for study's , with 3000 max out of pocket.     Perhaps machines are lower cost in Thailand too?  Maybe there is a shortage of machines due to that big recall due to failing seal material.  

I think to mut.  

Edited by Elkski

It may be helpful to other posters if you outlined your reasons for wanting a sleep study, and what a sleep study is supposed to do. I must admit I have never heard of one before.

Googling, Bumrungrad offers a range of options from 9900 baht at your abode to 25,000 baht for the full monty.

56 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It may be helpful to other posters if you outlined your reasons for wanting a sleep study, and what a sleep study is supposed to do. I must admit I have never heard of one before.

Googling, Bumrungrad offers a range of options from 9900 baht at your abode to 25,000 baht for the full monty.

They monitor your heart beat, and blood O2, breathing info.    It's possible my grumpiness has been due to lack of O2 and good sleep.   This can cause brain cells and heart muscle damage and I'm sure more health issues.     It it's 18,000 baht I bet it's 60,000 in USA.   It might be a better experience with Thai nurses. 

1 minute ago, Elkski said:

They monitor your heart beat, and blood O2, breathing info.    It's possible my grumpiness has been due to lack of O2 and good sleep.   This can cause brain cells and heart muscle damage and I'm sure more health issues.     It it's 18,000 baht I bet it's 60,000 in USA.   It might be a better experience with Thai nurses. 

Sleep disorder is a well-known precursor of depression.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:03 AM, Phnom Penh Trader said:

Or being around Western women constantly in which case Thailand will cure you instantly?

Luckily I'm married to a fit younger Thai woman.   So I'm in the middle between single and married to western woman.