1. class insurance motorbike older than 5 years?

Hummin

On 12/7/2022 at 2:31 AM, Gottfrid said:

Yes! Both Thaivivat and Thai Paiboon will accept that insurance. Cost between 1800 to 3000 baht per year. The first one is the cheapest.

Can cost more than 3000 baht if the value of the bike is high. Don't think anyone would provide first class insurance for a Goldwing for 3000 baht ????

On 12/7/2022 at 2:39 AM, Badb0y said:

Wow, I thought for motorbike they don't have 1st class insurance. What is it covered I'm curious?

It's analogous to first class for a car. Exact details depend on the policy of course. Many big bikes either come with first class insurance or offer a deal when purchasing. Not common for scooters though.

OP: You can also check Roojai or try a broker like Mr Prakan

Edited by eisfeld

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Can cost more than 3000 baht if the value of the bike is high. Don't think anyone would provide first class insurance for a Goldwing for 3000 baht ????

It's analogous to first class for a car. Exact details depend on the policy of course. Many big bikes either come with first class insurance or offer a deal when purchasing. Not common for scooters though.

No, but then it might be helpful to give the info needed if you want help, right?

While all insurance experts are on this thread, I can ask about those agents selling insurance at/outside DLT office (I use Phuket office), I have usually bought the compulsory one, but they also sell a couple of more expensive options , around 1.5k to 2.5k baht , from last year I remember....

Now I don't care about my bike, it's old, but do these options cover any hospital fees for insured and other party, if found guilty...!? And by how much, does it go up to like a 0.5 or 1 mill or so baht ...? 

I am also always charged like 600b a year with my Bangkok Bank debit card , and they say that is accident insurance, not much , maybe 30k or 50k, but does that cover motorbike accident, has anyone ever used it ...? 

5 hours ago, Agusts said:

I can ask about those agents selling insurance at/outside DLT office (I use Phuket office), I have usually bought the compulsory one, but they also sell a couple of more expensive options , around 1.5k to 2.5k baht , from last year I remember....

Without knowing the class of insurance - but going on your quote for around 2K, I would hazard Third Class. Impossible to know without details of the policy.

FYI my First Class for my 2013 Forza is now about 5K. Payout 120K if totaled.

2 hours ago, seedy said:

Without knowing the class of insurance - but going on your quote for around 2K, I would hazard Third Class. Impossible to know without details of the policy.

FYI my First Class for my 2013 Forza is now about 5K. Payout 120K if totaled.

Yes, I don't think those are 1st class, but how much injury coverage do you get with yours, should be 1 mil or more.... ? That's what I'm interested in...

My Forza 2016 (and yours I guess) not worth 50k (that was last year, I was quoted..., probably less now )..., not much...

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

Yes, I don't think those are 1st class, but how much injury coverage do you get with yours, should be 1 mil or more.... ? That's what I'm interested in...

My Forza 2016 (and yours I guess) not worth 50k (that was last year, I was quoted..., probably less now )..., not much...

Injury - 500,000 person, 10 mil accident, 1 mil property damage

Bail bond 300K

Own damage 57K

4849.24 THB

Edited by seedy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/13/2022 at 5:24 PM, eisfeld said:

On 12/21/2022 at 1:47 AM, Agusts said:

While all insurance experts are on this thread, I can ask about those agents selling insurance at/outside DLT office (I use Phuket office), I have usually bought the compulsory one, but they also sell a couple of more expensive options , around 1.5k to 2.5k baht , from last year I remember....

Now I don't care about my bike, it's old, but do these options cover any hospital fees for insured and other party, if found guilty...!? And by how much, does it go up to like a 0.5 or 1 mill or so baht ...? 

I am also always charged like 600b a year with my Bangkok Bank debit card , and they say that is accident insurance, not much , maybe 30k or 50k, but does that cover motorbike accident, has anyone ever used it ...? 

I also have a Bangkok bank debit card, they don't give accident insurance if you are over 60. Then again this being Thailand that may not apply to some other branches.

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I also have a Bangkok bank debit card, they don't give accident insurance if you are over 60. Then again this being Thailand that may not apply to some other branches.

That's good to know...., I guess I'll be saving that 600b a year when I turn 60 then...! ????

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 5:24 PM, eisfeld said:

Actually I have a 150cc scooter so that one might not be included I guess.

Roojai website gives instant quote online for various typed, 2, 3 and 3+ etc. , it also has option to increase hospital and personal injury cover and updates the quotes, very impressive...!

One thing I don't understand though is at the bottom we can add the Compulsory insurance, or take it out.

But why need to add that , doesn't what they call type 3 for example (that has a lot higher coverage) sufficient for getting tax, or at DLT when renewing tax they look for that Compulsory... !? 

1 hour ago, Agusts said:

But why need to add that , doesn't what they call type 3 for example (that has a lot higher coverage) sufficient for getting tax, or at DLT when renewing tax they look for that Compulsory... !? 

The compulsory Por Ror Bor scheme is separate from the voluntary coverage you get when you purchase a proper auto or motorcycle policy. It is possible to purchase the Por Ror Bor cover along with the voluntary policy, but the voluntary coverages do not obviate the need to purchase and pay for the Por Ror Bor sticker as a separate item.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

The compulsory Por Ror Bor scheme is separate from the voluntary coverage you get when you purchase a proper auto or motorcycle policy. It is possible to purchase the Por Ror Bor cover along with the voluntary policy, but the voluntary coverages do not obviate the need to purchase and pay for the Por Ror Bor sticker as a separate item.

Thanks for the explanation, the reason this has come about is in my case I come and go a lot and although the tax always starts from mid Nov. for my bike, no matter when I go to renew it, the Compulsory insurance starts from the day I buy it....! 

So last year I came mid Apr. I went to renew my tax this year, I arrived early Jan. At DLT before going to buy Compulsory insurance as usual I went to the help desk..., I showed her my docs and the Compulsory insurance that is valid till Apr 2023.

She kind of thought about it, then asked another girl, then the old guy standing behind, finally said; you don't need to renew your insurance now, can just renew your tax...! The old guy said; up to you...!? !? 

This had never happened as my Compulsory insurance was usually not valid for so long till Apr, but anyway, I have renewed tax without renewing the Compulsory insurance now.

Now I am thinking of buying the Roojai type 3 only, without adding the Compulsory ...! I probably be around till June. I guess I still have Roojai after Compulsory runs out in Apr... , would that work....!? 

19 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Now I am thinking of buying the Roojai type 3 only, without adding the Compulsory ...! I probably be around till June. I guess I still have Roojai after Compulsory runs out in Apr... , would that work....!? 

I think that in order to remain legal, you'll need to buy a new Por Ror Bor cover when your current one expires.

• Thumbs Up 1