Formalin Found with Crispy Squid and Cow Stomach for Eateries

snoop1130

1670407914_143431-tnamcot.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 7 (TNA) – The Department of Health and health officials in Chon Buri province found formalin contamination in 10 samples of cow stomach and crispy squid collected from eateries and grilled pork buffet restaurants in Chon Buri.

Dr Atthaphon Kaewsamrit, deputy director-general of the department, said the examination followed the report that suppliers of meat and organ meat for eateries and grilled pork buffet restaurants kept their products in formalin filled containers.

He said health officials collected 45 samples from nine restaurants in Bang Saen area, Muang Chon Buri district and the Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate and found formalin contamination in 10 samples of crispy squid and cow stomach.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1071601

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-12-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Eat at home is the best .

Yes. I've learned my lesson. I had extreme diarrhea after eating in a restaurant. I didn't think anything bad. Happens sometimes. A short time later I got pain in both knee joints. I almost couldn't walk for a year and a half. I went to many doctors and tried a lot of medication. Nothing changed anything and I stopped taking the useless pills. Then, from one day to the next, it went away. Probably bacterial arthritis (reactive arthritis). Not everyone is so lucky that the problem goes away.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I thought it was a given that the flat rolled out crispy squid was prepared in formalin? I was to told years ago. Not that it appeals, it smells like a rotten hookers knickers. 

Usually sun dried - and like the contents of said knickers, a man of taste would soon realise, it's better than it smells.

At least the officials had the stomach to point it out, on this occasion.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

I thought it was a given that the flat rolled out crispy squid was prepared in formalin? I was to told years ago. Not that it appeals, it smells like a rotten hookers knickers. 

I'll take your word for that.. 

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Have you experience of this? A knicker sniffer?

On 12/7/2022 at 5:40 PM, snoop1130 said:

Dr Atthaphon Kaewsamrit, deputy director-general of the department, said the examination followed the report that suppliers of meat and organ meat for eateries and grilled pork buffet restaurants kept their products in formalin filled containers.

So why not go after the suppliers instead of the restaurants?