Is detention on a Saturday legal in Thal schools?

Smee

I've not known it to be used as a punishment for misbehavior, but occasionally students are required to attend on a Saturday due to poor academic performance.  It's rare, but it does happen.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Smee said:

A few (1 to 10) minutes late to school 9 times over 3 months

Maybe this is a wake-up for you and the Mrs as well as your child.

Life is made of commitments.  One of them is if you are supposed to be somewhere at a specific time you are there.

Someone working for me that was continually late would have a special greeting at the door in the form of a pink piece of paper.

SORRY BUT

Again this is not a school problem but is a mom and dad issue to me.

• Like 2

Glad to hear there is some encouragement for punctuality in this country. My Thai girlfriend is always late for everything and doesnt seem to care about it. The 4 kids in her charge are routinely late for (state) school and there never seems to be any come back.

Is this a private or state school?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smee said:

A few minutes late to s lchool 9 times over 2 months

And quite possibll in the background is a relative who cotinously being late is all OK.

Had this before when my son and his wife had to go to a 4 day excursion part of their masters degree studies.

Son's wife arranged for her full on loud unreliable midle aged lady boy brother to come for 4 or 5 days and get the kids to school, get them fed etc.

Turned out:

- On day one all three kids got to school 1 hr late.

- Day two lady bot has decided they will go to Central Festival for the morning then go to school after lunch.

Son called lady boy and said 'why were the 3 kids one hr late yesterday. Lady boy of course claims 'Ohh it's Ok, the school doesn't mind, being late is OK'. And LB refuses to listen to my son or son's wifes' insistence that coming late is totally not OK.

Son calls an old friend who is retired and asks her if she can go to their house and take care of the kids for the remining 2 days. All OK.

Next morning sons daughter calls him, all 3 kids already at school - 20 minutes early.

Son and his wife return, next morning son takes kids to school as normal and son finds the teachers and apologizes for kids being late and not coming until after lunch.

LB now tells his sister (son's wife) and my son they don't understand, he claims 'it's up to the parents, not the school'.

LB now barred from having any contact with son's kids. 

More:

A week later son's MIL arrives for a quick visit, get's angry with my son 'why did you tell mys on it's not ok for kids to go to school late? He is older than you so you should respect his ideas'.

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Glad to hear there is some encouragement for punctuality in this country. My Thai girlfriend is always late for everything and doesnt seem to care about it. The 4 kids in her charge are routinely late for (state) school and there never seems to be any come back.

Is this a private or state school?

Private school

I try and teach the in-laws (most time the 2 nephews are here) that parents are really the childrens first teach and to help them learn about life… being on time is important because when you get old enough to work it’s important…