Chinese man arrested in Rayong for 401 days of overstay

webfact

image.jpeg

By Goongnang Suksawat

Rayong –  A Chinese man was arrested in Rayong for 401 days of overstaying his legal visa conditions.

Representatives from the Rayong Immigration Office told the Pattaya News that they have arrested Mr. Cao, a Chinese national, 43, at a Chinese restaurant in Pluak Daeng this week. Mr. Cao told officers that he used to work at the restaurant before but this time he came to eat.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/08/chinese-man-arrested-in-rayong-for-401-days-of-overstay/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-12-09

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I think they should do away with the max baht penalty and run with a new 1000 baht per day overstay charge after 14 days. You cannot leave until its paid and it keeps going up waiting for you to pay it whilst in clink ! Be a nice earner this idiot - 400k to the coffers !

That's sounds ok But than do the overstayers Have the funds to pay? 

If not they will have to be deported or stay in jail .

Just make it official that if you are caught with more than say 30 days over stay, you will be deported and banned

for 10 years. Even if you managed to marry a Thai woman and live in her house that you paid for.

That may make people think a lot more before being this stupid. I have no sympathy for anyone who deliberately

overstays, then gets caught.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jerno said:

What's wrong with these idiots thinking they can overstay indefinitely and never get caught.  Must be retarded. 

Not necessarily retarded. I know of several people who overstayed for years, then booked a flight out, went to immigration, paid the fine and left the country. They saved a lot of money, compared to those who did regular visa runs. Of course, that was before they introduced the automatic blacklisting for lengthy overstays. Nowadays this can only be done by people who don't mind not being able to return.Also the risk of getting caught is somewhat higher nowadays. 

• Like 1

I wonder if the  Immigration database has been set up in such a manner that they can produce reports based on each nationality to get a clear picture of the percentage of each nationality remaining in country on overstay and the names and passport numbers of each offender. That's probably where the "smart car" gets its brain from.

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think they should do away with the max baht penalty and run with a new 1000 baht per day overstay charge after 14 days. You cannot leave until its paid and it keeps going up waiting for you to pay it whilst in clink ! Be a nice earner this idiot - 400k to the coffers !

Prehistoric thinking.

Won't work and unenforable.

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

I wonder if the  Immigration database has been set up in such a manner that they can produce reports based on each nationality to get a clear picture of the percentage of each nationality remaining in country on overstay and the names and passport numbers of each offender. That's probably where the "smart car" gets its brain from.

I was at immigration last week, seated next to an IO. He had a sheaf of maybe 30-40 A4-size computer printouts, each with a name, photo, picture of passport, TM30 copy, mobile#, email, blah, blah, blah, and, at the top right corner, the number of days overstay. The numbers ranged from just TEN DAYS to almost 400 days. The 400 days, not so surprising, but they were ready to take a guy down for a mere TEN DAYS!