Long-term stay at 3 star hotels / small apartment Chiang Mai Muang

scorecard

Asking for an old friend with small budget.

Trying to find a long-term package rate at a 3 star hotel (3 star is flexible) or small apartment (also with package rate) preferable within 15/20 minute walking distance to CM night market (but this is flexible), maybe 6 months extendable package including:

• - Room, typical hotel room furniture, twice a week cleaning and linen change etc., electricity, internet, TV with some English channels, some laundry, perhaps breakfast...

Any suggestions much appreciated, thanks.

Edited by scorecard

6 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Price Range?  Per day or Per month? 

Good question and I have no idea of what such places might charge on a 6 monthly package basis.

I just asked the guy concerned, he says hopefully between 5,000 to 8,000 per month on a package basis, with contract for 6 months possibly extendable long-term.

I have no idea if that's reasonable/possible. I hope it is, he needs to find something soon. 

Edited by scorecard

From 5,000 to 8,000 there is no package. Plenty of apartments available in that range.  I can think of one basic type of apartment that will offer a month contract in that range.  A basic studio(bed, desk, fridge, bathroom) would fit in that range.  The complex is dated but has a swimming pool.  Cleaning might be once a month(linen change as well).  The name of the complex is Huay Kaew Residence located next to the Orchid Hotel.  The Orchid Hotel can be had for 700 Baht per night but it is really old and mostly empty except for conferences for local businesses and government workers.  

Just for comparison as far as I know the most expensive serviced apartment in Chiang Mai is the Kantary Hills Serviced Apartment in Nimman. A studio unit is spacious with kitchen, a bathroom with a bathtub, a washing machine and the complex has a great gym, pool and even a sauna.  But of course this type of package costs 61,000 a baht per month now because it is high season.  Low season goes down to 51,000.  This does not include water and electricity.  To get the full picture of what is available is almost impossible unless one goes to an agency.  

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, scorecard said:

I just asked the guy concerned, he says hopefully between 5,000 to 8,000 per month on a package basis, with contract for 6 months possibly extendable long-term.

Those are 2019 prices (7K) for a box with TV & mini fridge in a Guest House. That would also get you a clean once a week. Basic sweeping, trash out, change of bed linen. I have no idea what it is now post pandemic; general inflation vs a couple years few or no customers. That would be inside the old city, walking distance to LK, Thapae gate area, FYI.

Maybe best solution is a studio apartment...check out FB marketplace though many will turn out to be RE agents generating leads.

There are a lot of cleaning services in CM, usually around B3-500 for a studio.  Many laundry services available as well.  Bottom line will be less than a serviced apartment or a cheap hotel room and probably a more pleasant accommodation, perhaps with kitchen.   Self cooking as few as 4 or 5 meals a week can save a lot of money.

21 hours ago, scorecard said:

Good question and I have no idea of what such places might charge on a 6 monthly package basis.

I have no idea if that's reasonable/possible. I hope it is, he needs to find something soon. 

You're not going to get a three star hotel on that budget but you can get a fairly basic apartment. 

Check out this group on FB - it only deals with listings under 10k baht. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/218247338585479

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I think this is the one I pass regularly on Chang Klan. Sign offers monthly rates. I do not know anything more - Bua Rawong Hotel.

IIRC, that hotel is 350 baht/night, with a monthly stay for 6000. I've never taken a look inside, though.

There are plenty of rooms at 2000 - 3000 baht/month; however, they are Thai-style with few facilities.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/10/2022 at 7:41 AM, lordblackader said:

You're not going to get a three star hotel on that budget but you can get a fairly basic apartment. 

Check out this group on FB - it only deals with listings under 10k baht. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/218247338585479

The main picture is some shack on stilts that for sure doesn’t have an inside toilet! ????

On 12/9/2022 at 5:05 PM, scorecard said:

Most of the guesthouses charge 5k-6kbht/month + utils.

Emporium Residence in Santitham is where I always liked to stay (near Huay Keow Road)

NuanPranee Guesthouse in Mitrpranee Road is another good one (near the Walking street and Night Market).

All monthly rental prices, x2 for daily rates.

All have fridge/TV/Air-con.

Edited by BritManToo