Immigration crackdown on illegals ends today - six Cambodians in a shack arrested

webfact

image.png

Picture: INN

INN reported on action by Region 3 immigration in Ang Thong central Thailand on Thursday.

The cops went to a shack in Bang Sadet sub-district where they found a group of Cambodians acting suspiciously.

Five men had no papers at all and were found to have entered Thailand illegally.

In addition a lady later found to be called Ya Mot, 43, was found to be on overstay of 617 days. 

image.jpeg

Picture: INN

They were all arrested ahead of their prosecution.

Immigration's crackdown on illegals has seen many stories in the Thai press over the last week or so.

The crackdown was slated to last from December 1st to 10th so will end today, notes ASEAN NOW.

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-12-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Five men had no papers at all and were found to have entered Thailand illegally.

In addition a lady later found to be called Ya Mot, 43, was found to be on overstay of 617 days.

I'm still waiting for the arrest of Thai employers who give them work...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

I've been terrified. Huddled in my house.

Safe to come out now?????????

Yesterday morning two police arrived.

This is the moment, I thought, after 11 yrs in this town ... but they were lost, I gave them directions to the correct address.

Disappointed.

• Haha 2

Such a backwards police force or should I say farce.

Why would you end such a thing? It was having great results. It should run 365 day a year. I've decided to put a foam pad on my wall so that when I read stories like this and start to bang my head against the wall there will be less injury and zero chance of a concusson. 

2 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

Such a backwards police force or should I say farce.

Why would you end such a thing? It was having great results. It should run 365 day a year. I've decided to put a foam pad on my wall so that when I read stories like this and start to bang my head against the wall there will be less injury and zero chance of a concusson. 

I agree they are backward.

Why don't the police have an app on their smartphone that can interrogate the immigration database? Using either face recognition or fingerprint recognition, then they could check any foreigner even if they had no passport available?