Any recommendations for a short holiday between Hua-Hin and Bang Saphan

kwak250

Hi everyone as the title says basically want a 4-5 day break along the coast

Had so many times staying at Cha-am for Christmas which i have always liked more than staying in Hua-hin 

Love Ban Krut but fancy somewhere different with beach bungalows if possible or at least right next to the beach like Cha-am 

Thanks in advance

Edited by kwak250

You need to check out Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Nice quiet ,good places for coffee and to eat but no bars.

No nightlife but that is what is no nice about the place.

In the town itself you can stay near the beach or just on the beach just outside.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Huay Yang is a nice quiet spot with a beach that runs for kms. About halfway between Hua Hin and Bang Saphan. Rented a 3 bedroom villa there with pool last April through AirBnB - a handful of restaurants within walking distance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, jvs said:

You need to check out Prachuap Khiri Khan.

Nice quiet ,good places for coffee and to eat but no bars.

No nightlife but that is what is no nice about the place.

In the town itself you can stay near the beach or just on the beach just outside.

Thanks that sounds great

5 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Huay Yang is a nice quiet spot with a beach that runs for kms. About halfway between Hua Hin and Bang Saphan. Rented a 3 bedroom villa there with pool last April through AirBnB - a handful of restaurants within walking distance.

Thanks going to look at this

3 hours ago, Stocky said:

Have you by any chance got the name/location  of the pool villa as looking at this but not sure if 4 nights would be an option as usually they want 5 nights minimum 

prachuap kiri khan is a great spot..make sure to be there over weekend as there is a nice oceanfront very local market every friday and sat night...prachuap beach hotel is a good inexpensive  place to stay....two buildings one ocean front newer one across st ...i like newer one with very good rooms, nice balcony, bathroom, a/c etc.....ask the front desk and they will call u a samlor to take you to manoa beach few kms away for 5o baht or rent a bike or motorbike most anywhere....manoa fantastic beach with nice scenery...PKK is not a place for bars or wild nights but a good solid thai town on the ocean and very pleasant for a few days of semu solitude...

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, pomchop said:

prachuap kiri khan is a great spot..make sure to be there over weekend as there is a nice oceanfront very local market every friday and sat night...prachuap beach hotel is a good inexpensive  place to stay....two buildings one ocean front newer one across st ...i like newer one with very good rooms, nice balcony, bathroom, a/c etc.....ask the front desk and they will call u a samlor to take you to manoa beach few kms away for 5o baht or rent a bike or motorbike most anywhere....manoa fantastic beach with nice scenery...PKK is not a place for bars or wild nights but a good solid thai town on the ocean and very pleasant for a few days of semu solitude...

Great thanks I have visited Manao beach when on the way to Bang saphan .

Thanks for your time to write this.

16 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Have you by any chance got the name/location  of the pool villa as looking at this but not sure if 4 nights would be an option as usually they want 5 nights minimum 

I can't see it listed on AirBnB, it's on Beach Road, in a complex of individual villas called Dolphin Beach, with a condo block at the back.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stocky said:

I can't see it listed on AirBnB, it's on Beach Road, in a complex of individual villas called Dolphin Beach, with a condo block at the back.

Avoid the long holiday weekends, though, because then it gets very noisy.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 1:54 PM, kwak250 said:

Hi everyone as the title says basically want a 4-5 day break along the coast

Had so many times staying at Cha-am for Christmas which i have always liked more than staying in Hua-hin 

Love Ban Krut but fancy somewhere different with beach bungalows if possible or at least right next to the beach like Cha-am 

Thanks in advance

I love to stop at "Thao Ko Sa forest park" at Pranburi.... 

lovely area and beautiful beach.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sam Roi Yot, though 2 days would be more than enough.

PKK, mentioned, Ao Manao being the swiimmer's beach, just OK for swimming, but lovely bay.  On RTAF Wing 5 base, where hotel is available, and killing a couple days there would be nice, especially if surf is cooperating.

If not swimming, then PKK surfside is nice, plenty of food, nice weekend market.  Thur GH was a favorite of ours before moving here.  Or somewhere else along the 6 kms of surf.

Assuming you have transport, as little is available out of HH.

• Like 2

SEAnery Beach Resort and Coral Hotel in Bangsaphan Noi might be options.

I've stayed before in Sunrise Bungalows a bit further down the beach. Okay for a couple of nights but not very fancy.

Day trips to Koh Talu are something to do and the beach where Sunrise is, is pretty nice. Pine trees for shade.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 1:19 AM, BKKBike09 said:

SEAnery Beach Resort and Coral Hotel in Bangsaphan Noi might be options.

I've stayed before in Sunrise Bungalows a bit further down the beach. Okay for a couple of nights but not very fancy.

Day trips to Koh Talu are something to do and the beach where Sunrise is, is pretty nice. Pine trees for shade.

Hi thanks stayed so many times in Bang saphan just after somewhere before there.
Stayed right near to SEAnery lovely area very quiet.
Probably going to try in pkk city

if you stay PKK city be sure to walk up to the temple on monkey mountain, to the north of the city.  Great views of the bay.  It may be worthwhile taking a stick with you for the walk, as the monkeys can be a bit menacing

• Like 1

+ for a more friendly monkey (langur I believe far friendlier than the temple rats) experience try the ones at the bottom of the airbase. Folks normally take bananas and sweet potatoes but for a treat pick up some peanuts in the morning market right in town next to the post office. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/11/2022 at 2:08 PM, Stocky said:

Any small bars in Huay Yang or only restaurants?

9 minutes ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Any small bars in Huay Yang or only restaurants?

Solely a bar then no I don't think so, but certainly the pizza restaurant near where we stayed styles itself a bar and restaurant and the bar stayed open after the kitchen closed. But there's no 'bar scene' if that's what you mean.

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

Solely a bar then no I don't think so, but certainly the pizza restaurant near where we stayed styles itself a bar and restaurant and the bar stayed open after the kitchen closed. But there's no 'bar scene' if that's what you mean.

OK, thanks, I will probably drive up for one night, Friday, for starters.

Any accommodation recommendations? Only one available on Booking.com this weekend which is Vipha Ville Resort. I see on the map there is Ngae pizza and bar which I presume is the place you mentioned.

1 hour ago, YorkshireTyke said:

Any accommodation recommendations?

We booked a 3 bed villa through AirBnB last time, but that no longer seems available, before that we used to stay at the Nishaville Resort.

• Thumbs Up 1