Lady police major took it personally! She's there to nab FB fraud who impersonated her

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police Major Kanjira Narasan investigated matters herself after she became aware someone was impersonating her on Facebook.

The woman would approach her friends and pretend to be her to try and secure loans.

There had been losses of 300,000 to 400,000 baht.

Natthaya was arrested by Maj Kanjira in Keng Khoi district of Saraburi on a warrant for defrauding the public and computer crime related to the misuse of data and misrepresentation.

This after victims of the fraud had gathered to complain at Din Daeng police station.

Natthaya is now in custody. Her crimes are widespread, reported Thai Rath saying that she'd get 10-20,000 baht a time via phone numbers that went dead immediately after loans were secured. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-12-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, engamann said:

Think if them could do the same for normal people to , I mean actualy do the work them are paid to do and not only when it is for them self.

But she was doing it as the hacker was breaking the law. If she had been tasked with it and the account was in somebody else's name, she would still have done it.

The fact that it was her own account must have been a bonus.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

But she was doing it as the hacker was breaking the law. If she had been tasked with it and the account was in somebody else's name, she would still have done it.

The fact that it was her own account must have been a bonus.

Hackers are breaking the law 24/7 whitout the police care , the only reason she care to go to work was because she was the one get hacked , have you ever tryed to get some help by the RTP here before ? 

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeah, how dare she keep it all and share some with the major?...

Why do you post such garbage! The major went and arrested the culprit, as she should do in line with her work. You have a problem with that?

4 hours ago, engamann said:

Think if them could do the same for normal people to , I mean actualy do the work them are paid to do and not only when it is for them self.

How do you know they are not? Reading to much what members post on Asean Now? Or do you have any facts? Personal experience?

17 hours ago, billd766 said:

It is easy to impersonate anyone on Facebook. You can create a new account in anybody's name or you can simply hijack the account which is what happened to me.

Only if Facebook notices the account goes against their "Community Rules" with they do anything. What they did to me was suspend the account IN MY NAME and contact details and they say it will be sorted out, usually within 24 hours. If you appeal against it then the account is suspended and after 30 days the account is shut down,

OR SO THEY SAY.

My account was suspended to me on 30 October this year yet it is still active today. You can appeal to Facebook but you need a Facebook account to talk to them.

Catch 22 rules.

I could regain my account but to do that I need to know the password that the hijacker is using, I need my email address and my phone number which is suspended to me as it is in use on MY hijacked account.

Catch 22 rules.

I deleted FB.. no more issues.

13 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Why do you post such garbage! The major went and arrested the culprit, as she should do in line with her work. You have a problem with that?

How do you know they are not? Reading to much what members post on Asean Now? Or do you have any facts? Personal experience?

I know 3 diffrent people that have had somebody brake in to there house 1 Thai and 2 foreigner , the police in all 3 cases ask for money before them wanted to lift a finger , if you realy think them care about you you are living in lalaland.

10 hours ago, engamann said:

I know 3 diffrent people that have had somebody brake in to there house 1 Thai and 2 foreigner , the police in all 3 cases ask for money before them wanted to lift a finger , if you realy think them care about you you are living in lalaland.

So, I had break in as well. Who do you think you are talking to. I got great help and also got all things back. And for your information, I live in reality, and not a person that just listens to what other say and form my opinion. So, yes! I think they care. That, because I have first hand experience. 

14 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

So, I had break in as well. Who do you think you are talking to. I got great help and also got all things back. And for your information, I live in reality, and not a person that just listens to what other say and form my opinion. So, yes! I think they care. That, because I have first hand experience. 

Ahhh the "Who do you think I am card" but joke a side it's look like I talking whit Gottrid !!! Good for you , not so great for all the people that not get help , I still think you live in lalaland if you think RTP realy care for the average Thai.

8 hours ago, engamann said:

Ahhh the "Who do you think I am card" but joke a side it's look like I talking whit Gottrid !!! Good for you , not so great for all the people that not get help , I still think you live in lalaland if you think RTP realy care for the average Thai.

No, I live in Thailand