Iron infusion Pattaya or bangkok?

Wardp

I am doubtful a govt hospital would give you a ferritin infusion for that level, unless there is an underlying condition that prevents iron absorption. Even then they might prefer to do a transfusion of packed RBCs  depending on other clinical factors.

Not sure a private one would either, nor should they in  most cases. Your level, while low, is not severely so and should respond to oral supplemention unless you have a chronic disease that prevents absorption.

Ferritin infusions  carry dangers. I almost lost a patient to anaphylaxis once from it despite his having had it before with no problem. Technically speaking did lose him, as he was clinically dead for a few minutes there and was able to get him back only because I happened to  be standing right there when he went into cardiac arrest...and it was in a US health care facility where daily  checks of emergency equipment are mandatory etc etc. Which is far from the case here ("mai pen rai" permeates its way into medical practice).

The first priority with a ferritin level like this is to identify the cause if not already known as it could be something quite serious. What does the CBC look like? Have you had a colonoscopy in past few years? 

Thank you Sheryl good advice as always. normal Cbc normal haemoglobin normal. Iron panel 

a2d9677614734727b1b39cca3c466094_small@2x_100x100.jpg
 haemoglobin normal. iron normal levels, magnesium serum 2.26,(1.9 to 3.10, ironferrozine method 75.93 (ref65,175) ,tibc 374.43 ,(ref225,535),,trans sat 20.28 ref(13,45) ,unsatr iron binding capt(298.5,,ref (162.36????

Yes Sheryl I think I shall order iron glycinate they say it's easy on the gut. I had colonoscopy normal. And stool normal. My diet chicken fish veg .liver once a week and a multivitamin and mineral tablet. And loads of fruit 

1 hour ago, Wardp said:

Thank you Sheryl good advice as always. normal Cbc normal haemoglobin normal. Iron panel 

a2d9677614734727b1b39cca3c466094_small@2x_100x100.jpg
 haemoglobin normal. iron normal levels, magnesium serum 2.26,(1.9 to 3.10, ironferrozine method 75.93 (ref65,175) ,tibc 374.43 ,(ref225,535),,trans sat 20.28 ref(13,45) ,unsatr iron binding capt(298.5,,ref (162.36????

All that seems normal.   where does this ferritin 25 come from?