Soi 4 & Soi 7

N47HAN

At a guess, Sukhumvit.

No, nothing changes. The same crappy bars, the same human flotsam and jetsum, roaming from barstool to barstool, in desperate search of temporary human companionship to shore up otherwise empty lives.

Which reminds me, I'm heading out ... I'm thirsty.

At a guess, Sukhumvit.

No, nothing changes. The same crappy bars, the same human flotsam and jetsum, roaming from barstool to barstool, in desperate search of temporary human companionship to shore up otherwise empty lives.

:o yup pretty much sums it up , but enjoy the odd night

At a guess, Sukhumvit.

You have just described 99.999% of the farangs in Thailand, maybe more!

At a guess, Sukhumvit.

Yep, count me in :o

There's a pretty decent new bar on Sukhumvit Soi 4 called Hanrahans. Worth checking out if you're after a less sleazy scene.

Soi 7 I've never been on I don't think... Oh, yeah, hang on is that the soi with the Beer Garden on it? Been a while, nothing's drifted onto my radar to tempt me to go there so I guess nothing much has changed.

There's a pretty decent new bar on Sukhumvit Soi 4 called Hanrahans. Worth checking out if you're after a less sleazy scene.

Nope, count me out :o

Yet another overpriced Irish pub where you can pay 300 baht for a watery Guinness....

At a guess, Sukhumvit.

:o yup pretty much sums it up , but enjoy the odd night

Thought you were talking about Nathan Rd in HK.

Wot nightlife on Ekkamai Road? Whereabouts? :o

There are a few clubs, not really farang bars (you get my drift), that are popular with mostly Thais, but they won't kick you out, on Ekkamai. Go up and down the road and you'll find clubs like Santika (sp?), etc. They play pop and hip/hop at Santika I hear, and Tata Young has performed there more than once, I believe. I was only in the club when it was closed but was part of a few scenes being shot for an Indian commercial. The club is probably not the style of most here. You should find a lot of well dressed youngish (not the teen hangouts necessarily like other similiar clubs) Thais and beautiful girls in the clubs on Ekkamai.

Never found much interesting on Ekami.

But just pop through the Soi to Thong Lo and ther is PLENTY going on

The BK Post once reffered to Thong Lo as "The Beverley Hills of Bangkok" LOL

Much classier area than Lower Sukhumvit IMHO

At a guess, Sukhumvit.

So you mean everybody bar yourself?

At a guess, Sukhumvit.

Hey, is it Friday already? :o

Traditionally, soi 7 is where the 12-step meetings are (Park Hotel, 8:30pm nightly), after which we all head over to soi 4 for the "meeting after the meeting" and a little fellowship. I didn't realize there was something else going on in this area?

There's another fake Irish bar on the L/H side going down soi 4 called Finnegan's. Like the Hanrahan's accross the road it's about as Irish as I am

There are loads of these mock Irish bars springing up. To recreate the air of authenticity, they should feature stuff like Potato Blight (All you can't eat) Buffets, and Hunger Strike competitions. Or at least enforce a total no smoking ban. :o

Try to experience the nightlife at Ekkamai Rd. or Thong Lor, why not experience thai Scene at Escobar/Nung Len, Weza, Santika, H1 etc..

I have tried many of the bars in these areas – at the end of the day, I still prefer the Western style pub. Though it;s nice for a change of pace once in a while. I also find many of the Thai clubs ridiculously crowded and incredibly loud – can’t move, can’t have a conversation, can’t have a good time. Many also don't serve anything beer wise but the local stuff; no good draft beers available.

Edited by Furbie

I live in the heart of Soi 4, 7 and 11 and I treasure it. Agree with the prevoius post about Hanrahan's, overpriced and a dead scene. I recommend same old same old. God I love this area! Come, take the walk, enjoy! I do each and every glorious day. This is my Thailand, this is my world, this is my heaven. It dont get no better than this I tell you. I'm here till death do me part. That's right, I'm married to the area. rock on. I recommend the Thermae. LOL

Edited by Fred Sanford