Any Program available to design a home /swimming pool on a plot of land

kwak250

Hi so i have just bought some land and looking for a basic program to enter the land size and then move my house that i plan on building and pool/etc to get an idea of how i want it/south facing/which part of the land the house will be built/ where to put the pool ect
Found lots that only seem to plan the inside of the house or the garden

Thanks .

21 hours ago, kwak250 said:

it only needs to be basic just want to drag the house to different positions and add pool/trees/garden/garage etc

Every program will have a learning curve, especially if you want to draw the house in every detail.

I've also used SweetHome3D and it had worked great for a free application.

The other paid program is probably even better at that.

I'd assume you realize that if you don't have an architectural background then your proposed design might need to be extensively re-worked by a qualified architect, sometimes to the point that it might end up just loosely resembling your initial design or have significant alterations.

Unless you have a fluidly allocated budget without financial constraints then you'll be able to get everything you want and how you want it.

I'd say the usability of such programs is in their ability  to give you an opportunity to clearly and easily communicate your needs and wants to the qualified architect which in turn will convert them it into a real, workable design.

And frankly If you just want to envision the position of the house, garden etc on your land parcel then the easiest way would be to just hand draw it to scale on a piece of paper or use a drawing tablet.

Edited by unheard

I suggest that you use a proper 2D CAD package to draw your land size, house size, pool size etc. in real units of measurement.

You can orientate your land based on your tabien baan to indicate North, and show access roads, electricity poles etc.

Using a CAD package such as QCAD will enable you to move stuff around to create different options, and also give you the ability to measure accurately from your 2D plan.

QCAD is a free, open source application for computer aided drafting (CAD) in two dimensions (2D).

It also has support for DXF and DWG input and output, so once you've settled on a layout, you can export it in AutoCAD DWG format so your architect or builder can work with it to produce proper architectural detail drawings for government building approval.