Country Lodge around Lampang, Phayao, Phrae, Uttaradit?

henrik2000

Hello, would you recommend a quiet country lodge on a village-edge somewhere around Lampang, Phayao, Phrae, Uttaradit? I (tourist) have a car + a bicycle and love small town life and bicycling across the countryside.

Price best below 1500 THB. I don't need aircon and food on the premises, if outside food is available (esp I don't need breakfast). No hi-end wellness ghetto like north of Chiang Mai.

Would love natural air in the room at night and nice bicycling (not next to big highways that act as barriers, not next to barracks or factories). Even better if there is something to do at night (live music for the elderly like luukthung, Carabao; cosy bar; not karaoke).

Would love helpful friendly staff (I speak basic tourist Thai, but like anglophone staff).

From browsing Google Maps, one option could be De Mala (https://goo.gl/maps/9EycoFWFG5UGBwNz5). I am sure you know some others that are difficult to spot from outside. Can also be an apartment/house without any hotel connection, but must have easy safe parking.

Renting would be for a few days between Dec 24 and Jan 12, preferably via Booking.com or Agoda (not by phone). Aware it's the high season.

Thanks!