Lazada and mobile phones

giddyup

I bought a cheap phone from Lazada for 900 baht, advertised as an Oppo Reno8, but obviously not for that price. However I only wanted to use the phone as an Audio Book Reader, so expected to get a knockoff, no-name brand that would suit my purposes. All the sellers feedback gave glowing reviews, so I thought it sounds like it would be OK. However the phone I got bore no resemblance to what was advertised, or even anything like customers pics of the phone they received. It also appeared used and would not connect to internet.  Needless to say I left a very negative review, which doesn't seem to appear on the sellers site when I checked.

So my question is, are all the reviews fake and are negative reviews deleted? This is the phone advertised and pics of what I got. I have submitted a refund claim with Lazada.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4261763600-s16912110977.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

P1060102.JPG

P1060103.JPG

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

It shows the time ????????????. What else does it do? I just see the date is January 9th. Hopefully at least the time is correct ????

I tried to buy a not smart phone - the ones we had before. There were endless negative reviews and so I gave up. But in your case there are good (fake) reviews that fit to the fake phone. 

In the app you can click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and report such products.

Screenshot_20221215-102639_Lazada.jpg

Edited by Mickeymaus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You mean this review missing? it does say no brand name 

Screenshot_2022-12-15-11-07-23-396_com.lazada.android.jpg

Thanks, couldn't find it when I looked. I didn't expect a brand name, but I did expect a new, working phone at least similar to sellers description.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thanks, couldn't find it when I looked. I didn't expect a brand name, but I did expect a new, working phone at least similar to sellers description.

Did you send it back? 

If not:

I think on the screen is an old screen protector. If you take it off perhaps it looks better... 

But which phone brand is it really? Can you use it for anything? 

6 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Did you send it back? 

If not:

I think on the screen is an old screen protector. If you take it off perhaps it looks better... 

But which phone brand is it really? Can you use it for anything? 

I have already instigated a return and refund, just waiting for the sellers OK. The phone isn't even full screen, plus it won't connect to the internet, plus it looks used. It looks as though it could be 10 years old, probably a job lot from China. Like I said, not worth 100 baht. As far as brand, it says Rino8 on the box.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

I have already instigated a return and refund, just waiting for the sellers OK. The phone isn't even full screen, plus it won't connect to the internet, plus it looks used. It looks as though it could be 10 years old, probably a job lot from China. Like I said, not worth 100 baht. As far as brand, it says Rino8 on the box.

Please let us know if you got the refund. 

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

Please let us know if you got the refund. 

Lazada sent me the label for the courier to pick up the phone tomorrow, so the refund will be paid into my Wallet which means I still have to spend the money with Lazada. I know there is a way to get it paid into a bank account, but I'm happy to have it in the Wallet, it will get spent sooner or later.

Just now, giddyup said:

Lazada sent me the label for the courier to pick up the phone tomorrow, so the refund will be paid into my Wallet which means I still have to spend the money with Lazada. I know there is a way to get it paid into a bank account, but I'm happy to have it in the Wallet, it will get spent sooner or later.

Great news. Thank you. So no problem if you end up with such a "product". This with the Lazada wallet and the bank account works (in the meantime for foreigners too...).

5 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I tried to buy a not smart phone - the ones we had before. There were endless negative reviews and so I gave up.

Have stayed with such and currently using Nokia 3310 3G (real - maid got the fake) but find keys a bit too small and duel use of answer/hang up keys a pain.  Good battery life and feels good.  Have ordered Nokia 110 4G and expect to like it as had a 2G about the same which just use for alarm clock now.  Made mistake of buying Dtac Beyond 912 - Android based but looks like basic phone - battery dead within hours - but looks nice (and has voice if you can't see numbers you push) and for old person who wants social media with basic call/SMS might work.

Lazada has an easy returns policy...  but if the shop itself is difficult it can take a little longer.

I ordered a ‘The North Face’ Bag...  fake item arrived. I filed the return as ‘fake’... Shop argued it wasn’t fake. I pointed out I already have another of the same bag (direct from a the North Face Shop), their item was definitely fake..  the shop stopped responding and accepted the return (on the lazada site) - I printed the return label and returned the item. 

Another shop tried to scam me - I ordered an SMP saddle... the shop sent two old phone cases !!!... 

That took longer to deal with, but ultimately Lazada forced the refund. 

The annoying thing - both these shops are still in business - Lazada offers the protection of a refund, but not the protection from getting your time wasted. 

I ordered 2 jumpers... I had to travel away, by the time I returned I was a couple of days outside of the return policy - The jumpers were way too small.. even allowing for size difference (I ordered 2XL).

Shop wouldn’t accept the return.. my fault.. but hardly customer friendly. 

I’ll give them to my nephews and never use that shop again (which probably operates under numerous different names anyway).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have stayed with such and currently using Nokia 3310 3G (real - maid got the fake) but find keys a bit too small and duel use of answer/hang up keys a pain.  Good battery life and feels good.  Have ordered Nokia 110 4G and expect to like it as had a 2G about the same which just use for alarm clock now.  Made mistake of buying Dtac Beyond 912 - Android based but looks like basic phone - battery dead within hours - but looks nice (and has voice if you can't see numbers you push) and for old person who wants social media with basic call/SMS might work.

I have had this now for endless years. I have a smart phone but this one here fits into the pockets of my trousers easily. And if it falls down no problems. If you find a good one please post the link. 

20221215_161438.jpg

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

I bought a cheap phone from Lazada for 900 baht, advertised as an Oppo Reno8

Nowhere does that ad mention that it's in Oppo, in fact, the specifications, described clearly in the info, state "No brand" but glad you seem to be getting a refund.   

Edited by Liverpool Lou

23 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I once ordered what I thought was a bargain Nokia 3310 from Lazada, and was sent a fake.

If it seems to  be too good to be true, it normally is.

Oh, I knew it was going to a knock off, but I didn't expect a 10 year old used phone!

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nowhere does that ad mention that it's in Oppo, in fact, the specifications, described clearly in the info, state "No brand".

Yes, I was aware of that, but it does show a big picture with the words Reno8, but it also had nothing like the specs that were advertised, and as my pic shows it wasn't even full screen, it was junk.

Edited by giddyup